What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R15 Fri - Canberra 14-36 Warriors @ GIO

Round 15: Canberra v Warriors

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Warriors

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Massive win for the Warriors. Overcame the early adversity.
This was the Raiders 2nd half:
giphy.webp

Was it the Raiders, or Ricky Stuart's thought processes at halftime?

edabomb

First Grade
Dominant win for the Warriors. As soon we fell 12 behind that essentially it, the attack was atrocious and could only return a lucky pinball try and a consolation effort. We could learn a lot from the Warriors tryline D.

We can keep plugging away with Dad's army hoping to jag 7th or 8th and cop a first week hiding or take a risk on getting Savage back in at fullback and Kris back out to centre. For most people you'd see the reward for the conservative option is relatively minor, but I expect the Raiders to stick with that.

Kris is regressing as a fullback.

BadnMean

Juniors
Dominant win for the Warriors. As soon we fell 12 behind that essentially it, the attack was atrocious and could only return a lucky pinball try and a consolation effort. We could learn a lot from the Warriors tryline D.

We can keep plugging away with Dad's army hoping to jag 7th or 8th and cop a first week hiding or take a risk on getting Savage back in at fullback and Kris back out to centre. For most people you'd see the reward for the conservative option is relatively minor, but I expect the Raiders to stick with that.

Kris is regressing as a fullback.

Kris is trying his guts out- but everything about his skill set, his build, the lines he runs screams centre. And he IS the 2nd best centre at the club. Timoko is also a gun- criminally underused.

I knew Kris and Cotric when they were high school kids. Gun players, neither was gonna be a FB even then.

Woody90

Juniors
The Warriors are definitely the real deal this year. Raiders obviously expected to just show up and win this game after all the crap about dropping Croker last week to play this game at home. Warriors didn’t let the occasion effect them though.

Reflector

Juniors
Amazing passion and spirit shown by the Warriors to win and score tries despite being down to 12 men. Just another example of the never say die attitude in the face of adversity that the Warriors have shown since day 1. You can never write them off.

Us Aussies just don’t get it the way the kiwis do...

This Year?

Immortal
Touching post game speech by Jarrod. Made my throat a little lumpy seeing his emotion. Nice to see alot of fans hung back for it too.

Meth

Staff member
Based on tonight, Horsburgh wouldn't look out of place in an Origin jersey and Hudson Young absolutely will. Admittedly, I don't watch the Raiders every week, but Hudson Young seems to have taken on a little too much Michael Ennis and doesn't really back it up in any way.

Vibing

Juniors
The Raiders had enough possession in that 1st half to finish it then , but armed with a pop gun in attack the Warriors just soaked up the sideline to sideline crap we were serving up ... headed by the 17th best 5/8 in the comp Jack Whigton.
Fogarty beat the Tigers by himself last week , but needs his halves partner to step up occasionally to get the side firing.