What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R15 Sat - Sydney 6-30 Penrith @ Allianz

Round 15: Sydney v Penrith

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
I was watching the cricket instead cos this match up is just dire for a neutral but Leniu and JWH should have just thug f**ked.

The sexual tension was so thick you could cut it with Billy Smith's snoz

Billythekid

First Grade
So have Penrith won this from being good despite missing Cleary or have the Sombreros just been THAT bad?
The panthers absolutely dominated the running meters and their defense is about as good as any side in NRL history. Cleary isn’t the reason they’re winning.

Woody90

Juniors
Pretty impressive that Penrith were able to replace Cleary with Jack Cogger and not miss a beat.

Massive problems at the Roosters though.

Valheru

Coach
The panthers absolutely dominated the running meters and their defense is about as good as any side in NRL history. Cleary isn’t the reason they’re winning.

Penrith is an all time defensive unit but it ain't in the same vein as dragons 2010 and roosters 2018/19 who would both defend their lines all day until an opportunity presented. They are more in the manly 2008 mould where they bash you in your own half, limit the errors and don't let the opposition spend any significant time in their red zone.

They do this extremely well and bash teams in to submission. We actually weren't that bad last night especially in the first half where we hung in there well. When we finally got a chance in the last 5 minutes at inly 4-0 down we made a poor error and they went bang as our heads dropped. Game over.

Munky

Coach
Roosters didn't put up much of the fight.

They looked at their most dangerous squirting water when the game was well over. Very disappointing from a team that should have been much more competitive last night.

Robbo needs to go Bill Walsh on some of the premiership stars.

Very hard thing for a coach to do to the players who won them trophies.

Billythekid

First Grade
Penrith is an all time defensive unit but it ain't in the same vein as dragons 2010 and roosters 2018/19 who would both defend their lines all day until an opportunity presented. They are more in the manly 2008 mould where they bash you in your own half, limit the errors and don't let the opposition spend any significant time in their red zone.

They do this extremely well and bash teams in to submission. We actually weren't that bad last night especially in the first half where we hung in there well. When we finally got a chance in the last 5 minutes at inly 4-0 down we made a poor error and they went bang as our heads dropped. Game over.
Sure they may be different to those sides but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a side as dominant as the panthers this year in defense statistically. The byes are skewing things at the moment but it’s insane how far ahead of the pack they are.

He threw that from the bench
Squirting water let alone throwing a bottle at an opponent is an insulting gesture that can quickly escalate a situation which in the end, did. A suspension or massive fine at least is warranted imo. If the the review committee do nothing, I hope the club at least does something

Valheru

Coach
Squirting water let alone throwing a bottle at an opponent is an insulting gesture that can quickly escalate a situation which in the end, did. A suspension or massive fine at least is warranted imo. If the the review committee do nothing, I hope the club at least does something

Oh it's definitely escalating behaviour but Spencer went over the top going nuclear too.

The water squirt is mid level pest behaviour but yes he shouldn't be throwing a bottle so I can cop a sanction there.

He goes over the line at times but at least he gives a shit and is trying to change games. Wish I could say tge same for some of the others.

t-ba

Post Whore
You could feel Leniu's Crazy-Ex energy all the way up in the upper-tier of the Southern Stand. f**king awesome ending for a neutral.

It's actually impressive that their may be a playing group more out of control than our pack of homophobes. Roosters probably need to sort that out.

blocka

Juniors
Happens all the time when players are near touch or coming out of the in goal.

Players are allowed to get up in such situations
If the ball carrying arm touches the ground in their own in goal when someone is tackling them that would and is a drop out