What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R24 Fri - Brisbane 54-10 Parramatta @ The Gabba

Round 24: Brisbane v Parramatta

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 24
Brisbane Broncos v Parramatta Eels
The Gabba, Brisbane / Yuggera-Turrbal, Woolloongabba (TICKETS)
Friday 11 August 2023

Gates 6:30pm
NRL kickoff 8pm
Broadcast live on Nine Network, 9Now, Fox League and Kayo Sports.

BRI2023TEAM.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Deine Mariner 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Selwyn Cobbo 6. Ezra Mam 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Billy Walters 10. Payne Haas 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Tyson Smoothy 15. Brendan Piakura 16. Kobe Hetherington 17. Keenan Palasia 18. Corey Jensen 19. Xavier Willison 20. Tristan Sailor 21. Jock Madden 22. Jordan Pereira

Out: Jesse Arthars (wing), Jock Madden (halfback), Corey Jensen (bench), Xavier Willison (bench)
In: Deine Mariner (wing), Adam Reynolds (halfback), Jordan Riki (second row), Kobe Hetherington (bench)
Changes: Brendan Piakura (second row to bench)

PAR2022TEAM.png

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Bailey Simonsson 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Daejarn Asi 5. Sean Russell 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Joe Ofahengaue 9. Joey Lussick 10. Junior Paulo 11. Andrew Davey 12. Bryce Cartwright 13. J'maine Hopgood 14. Luca Moretti 15. Ryan Matterson 16. Wiremu Greig 17. Brendan Hands 18. Makahesi Makatoa 19. Waqa Blake 20. Ofahiki Ogden 21. Ky Rodwell 22. Jack Murchie

Out: Arthur Miller-Stephen (wing), Makahesi Makatoa (bench)
In: Daejarn Asi (centre), Brendan Hands (bench)
Changes: Bailey Simonsson (centre to wing), Ryan Matterson (second row to bench), Andrew Davey (bench to second row)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Wyatt Raymond, Belinda Sharpe
Video Referee: Gerard Sutton

STATE LEAGUES
QLD Cup: Norths^ v Sunshine Coast at Bishop, Sat 4pm
QLD Cup: Souths Logan^ at Wynnum^ at Ron Stark Oval, Sun 2pm

NSW Cup: Parramatta^ BYE​

Last edited:

footy75

Bench
Broncos to lock in a top 2 spot for two crucial home finals.

Parra fighting to keep season alive, but won't be good enough.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If the top 2 spot is a potential lock, Brissy will come out swinging. They will want the Warriors at Suncorp Week 1.

Grapple

Bench
Brisbane showed how far they've come last week without Reynolds. The only thing that will let them down come finals is experience. They have hunger though, and enough young talent to surprise.

Eels are all over the show, I think they've left it too late - too much inconsistency to be a threat. They deserve that 9th spot on the ladder.

Nealo 12

First Grade
I think the adversity of not playing at home may be a factor #broncosdoingittough

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Eels will have to conjure up their best performance of the season to win.
As much as I'd love to see it, I just can't see it happening.
I think the Broncos will go full @SLRBRONCOS on Harry Grant against the Eels, giving the Moses and Gutho haters alot of ammunition.
I wish we would pile drive them but the Eels are a bit of a bogey side for us!!!

Bazal

Post Whore
And the mighty Eels have never lost a game at the Gabba to the Broncos while I have been in attendance. If we looooooose at least there will be about 5 Pubs in staggering distance.

But how many hair replacement centres