What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R24 Sat - Sydney 26-14 Dolphins @ Allianz

Round 24: Sydney v Dolphins

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Dolphins

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 24
Sydney Roosters v Dolphins
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park / Gadigal, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Saturday 12 August 2023

Gates 6:30pm
NRL kickoff 7:35pm
Broadcast live on Nine Network, 9Now, Fox League and Kayo Sports.

SYD2022TEAM.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Billy Smith 4. Joseph Manu 5. Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii 6. Luke Keary 7. Drew Hutchison 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Brandon Smith 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Nat Butcher 12. Siua Wong 13. Victor Radley 14. Sandon Smith 15. Fletcher Baker 16. Terrell May 17. Dylan Napa 18. Fetalaiga Pauga 19. Elie El Zakhem 20. Jake Turpin 21. Zach Dockar-Clay 22. Corey Allan

Out: Nathan Brown (bench)
In: Dylan Napa (bench)

DOL2022TEAM.png

1. Kodi Nikorima 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 4. Valynce Te Whare 5. Tesi Niu 6. Isaiya Katoa 7. Sean O'Sullivan 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Mark Nicholls 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Connelly Lemuelu 13. Kenny Bromwich 14. Ray Stone 15. Josh Kerr 16. Anthony Milford 17. Jarrod Wallace 18. Herman Ese'ese 19. Max Plath 20. Poasa Faamausili 21. Harrison Graham 22. Jack Bostock

Out: Herman Ese'ese (bench)
In: Ray Stone (bench)
Changes: Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (fullback to centre), Kodi Nikorima (centre to fullback)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Todd Smith
Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Cameron Paddy
Video Referee: Ashley Klein

STATE LEAGUES
NSW Cup: North Sydney^ v Sydney^ at NSO, Sun 2pm

QLD Cup: Redcliffe^ v Central^ at Kayo, Sun 2:10pm​

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Sombreros will win but I think the finals ship has sailed already for them. They may very well play like it too. Mad Monday beckons.

In my opinion the Dolphins forward pack is a lot more physically superior to the Roosters forward pack, especially with Ray Stone coming onto the bench. The Roosters backs are better, but I think the Dolphins will drag them into an arm wrestle.

No one gave the Dolphins much of a chance in their round 1 win, so I'm going with the prediction that they'll win here again albeit by a smaller margin.

Dolphins by 6.

Grapple

Bench
Roosters will probably win by 1-12 but Dolphins are very well balanced against a team that is under performing all season, but just getting the job done.

Hopefully this is the end of the Roosters season. An absolute shambles of a team given the talent they have. They deserve it for dropping Sam Walker so early on and putting Manu in the halves.

Bazal

Post Whore
You watch the Dolphins and you think Jeez that Tesi Niu is a large fellow for a winger and then two plays later you see Valyce Te Whare and hope he hasn't just eaten poor Tesi