What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R8 Thu - Souths 20-18 Penrith @ Accor

Round 8: Souths v Penrith

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nealo 12

Bench
One of the greatest regular season games in NRL history. Not just the epic close finish but what it signifies in the big picture.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have arrived. Penrith is the fading power and South Sydney is the rising giant. Tonight is the moment we look back on as when the Penrith era of dominance ended and the Souths era began.
Holy f**k who woke you up

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Media moan when Panthers win. A sad aside when champions are simply, champions.

But when any side beats PENRITH!, they have just won everything. See you peasants at the pointy, serious end of the season...if you can make it.
lol the f**k they do. Souths score the winning try and they’re still banging on about Cleary chasing…

GongPanther

Referee
Lol Panthers fans sore losers as usual. Brilliant stuff.
Where we are ATM is a realistic position after we lost players in the off season, and as you know, teams lift a leg to beat the premiers, and game after game, it really is tough especially when most of the team is young, and they are not used to losing.

We'll be baaaack!! ( BTW, if youre interested, I'll post my pick the score 5 mins before your game starts )

Wb1234

Referee
Where are all the Souffs fans? Sure as f**k not at the game, I need them here like regular last season Parra fans. I guess they know what they are then and there’s no joy in pointing it out.
Yeh it’s not like they’ve marched down George st for their club to get back into the nrl whilst super league clubs like yours got given a free pass back

stop crying it’s one game penrith are still a chance at the 3 peat

chrisD

Coach
Yeh it’s not like they’ve marched down George st for their club to get back into the nrl whilst super league clubs like yours got given a free pass back

stop crying it’s one game penrith are still a chance at the 3 peat
I wish it were otherwise but at a bare minimum I need you to be a souffs fan to care about your stupid here.

BlueandGold

Juniors
One of the greatest regular season games in NRL history. Not just the epic close finish but what it signifies in the big picture.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have arrived. Penrith is the fading power and South Sydney is the rising giant. Tonight is the moment we look back on as when the Penrith era of dominance ended and the Souths era began.

hahahaha

''Tonight is the moment we look back on as when the Penrith era of dominance ended and the Souths era began.''

Thanks for the laughs.

yobbo84

First Grade
In terms of all time dumb moves, how about moving Crichton - who was killing it - from right centre to left wing, only for Salmon to get completely cut up and cost them the game

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Broncs can go 4 points clear in the lead now if the Scum beat the Warriors.

Cheers Souffs, I hope your next dental appointment isn't as painful as usual.

Well done rabbit and their fans. Haven’t seen the whole game yet (Thursday night games are hard to watch in the UK) but saw the last 29 minutes and looked epic. Bummer to lose but no shame in our performance.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Well done rabbit and their fans. Haven’t seen the whole game yet (Thursday night games are hard to watch in the UK) but saw the last 29 minutes and looked epic. Bummer to lose but no shame in our performance.
11am currently a SAHD awaiting partner visa for right to work, Thurs/Fri is elite.

johns_reds

First Grade
You weren't going for Souths for Souths benefit, you were going for them to stifle Penrith's chance of taking over you on top of the ladder position if Parra beat you afterwards, which I doubt BTW.
Nah I'm just enjoying that smugness is slowly dwindling away as teams are showing this year that Panthers invincibility is now gone, 3 defeats in 7 games this year, That is almost more defeats then they've had in the previous 50 games.