What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R8 Thu - Souths 20-18 Penrith @ Accor

Round 8: Souths v Penrith

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
Souths fans this morning:
proud oh yeah GIF by Sky

Valheru

Coach
This is basically where I thought Penrith would be this year, they ain't rolling through this comp like the last 2 years. They are still one of the teams who can win the comp as opposed to the obvious choice.

They will still belt some sides like they did Canberra but they will be in a lot more close games than the last 2 seasons and thus will get their fair share of losses.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Suck shit penriff karma is a bitch as pantherjim said last week 😂😂😂

Think I’ve already congratulated the Bunnies on their well deserved win, but my “Karma” comments last week were directed at Peter Gough for missing the late and high shot on Cleary which should have resulted in 3 points to us instead of just one.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Nah I'm just enjoying that smugness is slowly dwindling away as teams are showing this year that Panthers invincibility is now gone, 3 defeats in 7 games this year, That is almost more defeats then they've had in the previous 50 games.

Yet you enjoy the fact that the Broncos won a myriad of premierships from the 90’s to the early millenium, not to mention the dynasty, smugness and arrogance that came with it, so pot-kettle-black really…

Pantherjim.

Referee
Great game by Souths last night and well deserved victory. Not taking anything away from the Bunnies, they would’ve beaten any side with that performance last night.
Tough game to lose, but clearly the boys need to tidy up their errors and discipline. Being 8 points in front with 5 mins to go should’ve been a foregone conclusion with a club the calibre of ours. No excuse for letting the Bunny’s back in.
Mind you the video ref’s decision on Tago’s try was very dubious indeed.
Never mind; pick themselves up, dust themselves off, a bit of fine tuning and then roll on to next week.

yobbo84

First Grade
Over 80 sets of six in the game last night - that's Origin pace that. Must have been some game as neutral.

Pantherjim.

Referee
This is basically where I thought Penrith would be this year, they ain't rolling through this comp like the last 2 years. They are still one of the teams who can win the comp as opposed to the obvious choice.

They will still belt some sides like they did Canberra but they will be in a lot more close games than the last 2 seasons and thus will get their fair share of losses.

Sigh. Unfortunately I think you are right. A threepeat is going to be a tough task this year.

Will be even tougher next year when we lose Crichton to the Dogs and Leniu to your boys, but still, no way we can hang on to them when they both want starting positions at the expense of world class players already ahead of them and the coin that comes with it. Especially when we still need to upgrade the contracts of Edwards and Luai.

The Teach

Juniors

I think most realistic Penrith supporters agree wholeheartedly with you. Losing Api and kiks were massive losses and if injuries hit, which they have with international forwards in JFH and Martin, then the threepeat was always going to be near on impossible.

Im confident, all things considered like injuries to key players, we'll still make the top 8, but anything more will be a bonus.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think most realistic Penrith supporters agree wholeheartedly with you. Losing Api and kiks were massive losses and if injuries hit, which they have with international forwards in JFH and Martin, then the threepeat was always going to be near on impossible.

Im confident, all things considered like injuries to key players, we'll still make the top 8, but anything more will be a bonus.
We'd probably be 7/7 with Api. Very frustrating

yobbo84

First Grade
Watched the replay. Some game, that.

Disagree with me all you like, but come the pointy end of the season, these clubs were the best 2 teams in 2021 and 2022 (who just ended up on the same side of the draw last year), and only injury/suspension will stop that again in 2023.

See you in the finals.

beave

Coach
As a neutral that was enthralling to watch last night. High quality and high entertainment, you can't ask for much more.

One of the greatest regular season games in NRL history. Not just the epic close finish but what it signifies in the big picture.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have arrived. Penrith is the fading power and South Sydney is the rising giant. Tonight is the moment we look back on as when the Penrith era of dominance ended and the Souths era began.

This, what a post!

Souths is a transitional power, heralding the coming century of bald.

Bald shall not be denied it’s destiny.

1B252078-8825-4042-B59E-5EACE4F58646.jpeg

And whence it doth come, the league shall be judged, deemed unworthy and set ablaze.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Nah I'm just enjoying that smugness is slowly dwindling away as teams are showing this year that Panthers invincibility is now gone, 3 defeats in 7 games this year, That is almost more defeats then they've had in the previous 50 games.
Smug is going nowhere mate. 3 defeats by an aggregate of 4 points is barely a blip on the radar. Your blokes got us with a bit of an ambush and Parra and Souths treated the games like their grand finals. We will be thereabouts at the pointy end.

PENRITH!!!!!!!!!!!

soc123_au

Staff member
Over 80 sets of six in the game last night - that's Origin pace that. Must have been some game as neutral.
That should be what pleases you most. Usually a game of that pace is when we dominate. Both teams can be proud of a game of that quality. Not many other teams would have gone with either of us on last nights form.