What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs release Liam Knight from the remainder of his playing contract: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/r...m-the-remainder-of-his-playing-contract-effec

As a bloke and a guy to have around the club, I am sad to see Knighty go. He seems like a great bloke, has one hell of a story and all the boys seem to love him. We will miss that.

However, from a purely Footy perspective, it's no great loss. Knight was great in 2019 and if he maintained that form, there's no way we'd let him leave. But the fact is, he's been pretty crap since then and isn't really up to standard I think we can all agree. If it's true that he's on $500k as rumored, then his departure is good news.

Not sure what this means for the future though. Will we make a mid-Season signing? Use his money for Wighton or upgrades to other players? Or does Knight leaving mean we have more money to throw at Hame?

Either way, all the best Knighty, and thanks for everything you've done for our club.

callmack1

Staff member
Taafe signed with dogs
Yep, that's the report. Two-year deal starting next year. Still not sure how to feel about it.

I think my main feeling is that I'm not too fussed. Solid player, can do a job but he hasn't really shown much the last two years. I certainly wouldn't be moving heaven and earth to keep him.

It is a bit of a shame we haven't really had a look at him in the halves though, that's his position in my eyes.

In saying all this, what's the bet he leaves and becomes a star.

I wish him all the best and hopefully he can finish the year strong with us.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Yep, that's the report. Two-year deal starting next year. Still not sure how to feel about it.

I think my main feeling is that I'm not too fussed. Solid player, can do a job but he hasn't really shown much the last two years. I certainly wouldn't be moving heaven and earth to keep him.

It is a bit of a shame we haven't really had a look at him in the halves though, that's his position in my eyes.

In saying all this, what's the bet he leaves and becomes a star.

I wish him all the best and hopefully he can finish the year strong with us.
In the halves?
he can not tackle to save his life.
He'd have edge and middle forwards running right at him, and his cover (centre or edge forward, or both) would be sucked in trying to cover him.

Hellray

Juniors
If they put him at 7 hell go ok, i hope this means we are recruiting
We won’t recruit halves I don’t think. Wighton can slide in there to cover and they’ll most likely promote young Dion Teaupa has shown some skills in trials and reserve grade. Plus they have Jye Gray on a devel deal moving forward which they rate highly

handyman2190

Bench
We won’t recruit halves I don’t think. Wighton can slide in there to cover and they’ll most likely promote young Dion Teaupa has shown some skills in trials and reserve grade. Plus they have Jye Gray on a devel deal moving forward which they rate highly
No i didnt mean halves,but we sure are going to need 2 props and a 2nd rower, at least 2 wingers

callmack1

Staff member
Charlie Rabbit - The Movie: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/sand

Oh my god how good?!!! They've made a documentary on Charlie Rabbit!!!!!! Amazing stuff. I won't get time to watch this until the weekend but man, I can't wait for it!!

To make it even more special, apparently Charlie had no idea about any of this. He had no idea it was being made. They premiered it last night to all the team, staff, as well as his friends and family and he was extremely emotional. Jeez that's special.

In terms of love, commitment, passion, contribution and legacy at this club, it doesn't get much bigger than Charlie Rabbit! The definition of a legend.

Can't wait to watch this!

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs extend contract of Junior Tatola until at least the end of 2028: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/r...-junior-tatola-until-at-least-the-end-of-2028

Yewwwwwww!!!!! Far out that's awesome news to come home to man!! Tatola until the end of 2028! Wow!!!

Great re-signing for the club. This guy has been one of our best players over the last three years at least and is becoming one of the cornerstones of our pack. He's an international and surely an Origin rep sometime soon. Genuinely becoming one of the best and most consistent props in the NRL. His impact on the team and the club can be seen when he's not playing as we really miss him. Junior still has his best Footy in front of him I believe too.

To have him locked down for that long is pretty awesome! Yes, a long contract like that does come with a few risks but I think it's well worth it for Tats. By the end of this contract, he would have played 10 years with us. Has the potential to be entering club legend status with us by then.

This provides more stability, another star and another leader locked down long term. It's great stuff, I'm stoked!

Congrats Junior! You deserve it!

Steenson123

Juniors
If they put him at 7 hell go ok, i hope this means we are recruiting We need to recruit a Penrith Forward a potential starting prop. A guy schooled in hardness and no nonsense. Second keep Karapani, Ferguson [he could be special] Duncan and Munro. For mine Moale has been a flop, he has little to offer he just seems to go through the motions and has failed to develop into anything beyond boring.

Latest posts