What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 SF Fri - Melbourne 18-13 Sydney @ AAMI

Finals Week 2: Melbourne v Sydney

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

taste2taste

Juniors
While I f**king hate milking and was low key happy he didn’t give it, it was a penalty in front of the posts clear as day. Made contact with the head.
Isn't the rule they can only award a penalty if it's worth putting on report? And Grant would need to leave the field for 15 minutes HIA ?

taste2taste

Juniors
What’s funny is that normally after a massive blunder, the ref tries to make up for the mistake but nah, Klein blows a penalty and piggybacks them up the field.
That was a massive punch in the balls !
I follow the NBA closely, when ref's make an obvious blunder they either give a make up call the next possession or swallow the whistle the next time the team is fouled to even out the calls.

Not Klien, makes a blinder bad call then piggy backs them up the field to score

If Klien had half a brain he would have eered on the side of caution and called a knock on, if Grant knew he had caught it he would have challenged and won, either way the right call would have been made.

Valheru

Coach
While I f**king hate milking and was low key happy he didn’t give it, it was a penalty in front of the posts clear as day. Made contact with the head.

It needs to be reportable for the bunker to intervene.

It was a missed call but he could have been obstructed of the view, he certainly wasn't crouched down eagle eyed looking at it from 3m away. Refs miss high contact all the time.

He also gave them a penalty which resulted in 2 points from a tackle that wasn't high.

lazza

Juniors
That was a massive punch in the balls !
I follow the NBA closely, when ref's make an obvious blunder they either give a make up call the next possession or swallow the whistle the next time the team is fouled to even out the calls.

Not Klien, makes a blinder bad call then piggy backs them up the field to score

If Klien had half a brain he would have eered on the side of caution and called a knock on, if Grant knew he had caught it he would have challenged and won, either way the right call would have been made.
I reckon he realised after the try was scored when replays were shown... otherwise how would he have known during the run of play?

Wb1234

Referee
I think most people are just bemused by the total incompetence of that call. He was standing 3m away with full view and came up with a ludicrous decision. Even if he wasn't sure he could have hedged his bets and called knock on and forced grant to challenge which he obviously wouldn't have.

Klein apologising is meaningless, how does that make a difference?
I was shocked he didn’t penalise the high shot on Harry grants jaw which would’ve given the storm a match winning penalty in front

the knock on call was almost 40 mins prior to that and the chooks were in a match winning position

where’s the blame for Tedesco for killing four overlaps that could’ve lead to tries

Maximus

Coach
What’s funny is that normally after a massive blunder, the ref tries to make up for the mistake but nah, Klein blows a penalty and piggybacks them up the field.

And then gives the Roosters 5 straight penalties/set restarts to make up for it.

100% true. We’ll give you those two points if you take back the six Klein gave you

They didn't convert it, so that'd be 4 points.

Valheru

Coach
I reckon he realised after the try was scored when replays were shown... otherwise how would he have known during the run of play?
Yeah he was told at that point he f**ked up. Then he proceeds to find reasons to give us penalties for the next 10 minutes after reaming us in the first 20.

Completely embarrassing ref performance all round.

Valheru

Coach
And then gives the Roosters 5 straight penalties/set restarts to make up for it.

They didn't convert it, so that'd be 4 points.

Yeah and that's embarrassing in itself that he felt the need to do that.

Babyface is referring to the 2 points for the Radley high tackle that wasn't high.

We get that all you care about is the roosters not progressing but it's ok to say the ref was shit.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Yeah he was told at that point he f**ked up. Then he proceeds to find reasons to give us penalties for the next 10 minutes after reaming us in the first 20.

Completely embarrassing ref performance all round.

i can’t imagine you of all people @Valheru thinking it’s a conspiracy mate 😇

in all seriousness I reckon he is just a shit ref rather than having any conscious effort to even things up

being a cowboys fan and knowing a thing or two about refs f**king you in big games and fellow supporters losing their minds ( I’m not suggesting you are but trust me some of your fellow supporters will go right off their trolly), my take on it yes the call was shite but there are a million things that if done differently could of influenced the result

that call sucked the pus out of a dead cats anus but sometimes you have to find a way to win regardless of the ref

it burns like the clap you got raw dogging a toothless hooker in Bangkok on your bucks weekend but the pain will pass

Maximus

Coach
Yeah and that's embarrassing in itself that he felt the need to do that.

Babyface is referring to the 2 points for the Radley high tackle that wasn't high.

We get that all you care about is the roosters not progressing but it's ok to say the ref was shit.

Ah yes, I had nothing to say about the ref, just all about the Roosters

Geez how does Klown not call that a knock on.

Lol Klown knew he f**ked up so penalised Melbourne until they finally scored

He's pretty much guaranteed the grand final at this point. This sort of refereeing is exactly what the NRL wants.

Last I checked, an obvious knock on being let go resulting in a try is part of the actual game.

Latest posts