What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 SF Fri - Melbourne 18-13 Sydney @ AAMI

Finals Week 2: Melbourne v Sydney

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
i can’t imagine you of all people @Valheru thinking it’s a conspiracy mate 😇

in all seriousness I reckon he is just a shit ref rather than having any conscious effort to even things up

being a cowboys fan and knowing a thing or two about refs f**king you in big games and fellow supporters losing their minds ( I’m not suggesting you are but trust me some of your fellow supporters will go right off their trolly), my take on it yes the call was shite but there are a million things that if done differently could of influenced the result

that call sucked the pus out of a dead cats anus but sometimes you have to find a way to win regardless of the ref

it burns like the clap you got raw dogging a toothless hooker in Bangkok on your bucks weekend but the pain will pass
Oh I don't think it was a conspiracy nor is it the reason we lost. He is just incompetent and it needs to be called out.

From our side we should have just defended the error better and not conceded a try. We didn't do enough to win and need to be better next season.

Maximus

Coach

in all seriousness I reckon he is just a shit ref rather than having any conscious effort to even things up

being a cowboys fan and knowing a thing or two about refs f**king you in big games and fellow supporters losing their minds ( I’m not suggesting you are but trust me some of your fellow supporters will go right off their trolly), my take on it yes the call was shite but there are a million things that if done differently could of influenced the result

that call sucked the pus out of a dead cats anus but sometimes you have to find a way to win regardless of the ref

it burns like the clap you got raw dogging a toothless hooker in Bangkok on your bucks weekend but the pain will pass

Nah he's definitely a game manager. I think the knock on was just a major f**k up, but everything after that seemed designed to make that decision irrelevant.

Giving them all those penalties/set restarts and ignoring a huge forward pass, just to get them a try back was just the start. It seemed too manufactured to just be mistakes.

Then if that high tackle happened any time in the previous 78 mins, or even just in Melbourne's own half, it's a penalty. Giving them a penalty in that situation would mean it's likely that they win by 1 point and all the talk is about how the 4 points made the difference.

If he refs any of the remaining games, it's pretty much all the proof needed that the NRL wants a game manager who will manipulate outcomes based on what mistakes they've made.

Valheru

Coach
Nah he's definitely a game manager. I think the knock on was just a major f**k up, but everything after that seemed designed to make that decision irrelevant.

Giving them all those penalties/set restarts and ignoring a huge forward pass, just to get them a try back was just the start. It seemed too manufactured to just be mistakes.

Then if that high tackle happened any time in the previous 78 mins, or even just in Melbourne's own half, it's a penalty. Giving them a penalty in that situation would mean it's likely that they win by 1 point and all the talk is about how the 4 points made the difference.

If he refs any of the remaining games, it's pretty much all the proof needed that the NRL wants a game manager who will manipulate outcomes based on what mistakes they've made.
I don't think the missed high tackle is as big a mistake on Klein's part as the other decisions. There is every chance he didn't have the right angle to see the contact there, they miss those all the time.

The bunker are the ones that need to take the heat there because you're right in a round 12 game they intervene but they were too scared to here.

I will say though I'm all for getting rid of this lay down culture. The liero one was particularly embarrassing as he sprung up as soon as he saw there wasn't a hip drop.

Great intense game and both teams evenly matched and a draw would’ve been a fair result if it wasn’t a final. Have no issue with Storm and as I already said, we didn’t deserve to get this far. I was expecting to get our pants pulled down last night but the boys turned up. All I want out of this is Klein to get demoted for good. He’s destroyed too many games and should be charged with crimes against humanity.
PS
Good luck next week, Storm

Generalzod

Immortal
Is she one of those wives that is always right or one that annoyingly dribbles shit while you're trying to enjoy watching footy and shitposting?
She really gets into it, lucky enough for me she’s a Sharks supporter but loves watching all the games.

taste2taste

Juniors
Would have been a totally different result if either Toupu or Suallii had played.

They would have easily diffused that bomb and 3 minutes earlier would have caught Wong's pass and run the distance.

Generalzod

Immortal
I love how Rugby League brings us all together.
It doesn't matter if you support the Roosters, Storm, Broncos, Cowboys or any other team, we are all in agreeance...

... Klown is a terrible referee.
what we want as supporters is an equal playfield, I do think that some refs favour certain teams.

Last edited:

lazza

Juniors
Would have been a totally different result if either Toupu or Suallii had played.

They would have easily diffused that bomb and 3 minutes earlier would have caught Wong's pass and run the distance.
So true.

the dropped ball into touch and radleys dropped ball were the 2 posessions which could have saved the roosters.

gerg

Juniors
not a fan of Kleins but players trying to milk penalties has to be stopped too

The irony is that these two teams have been the ones completely pushing the boundaries of the game (& rules) over the past decade or two. No f***s given about the spirit of the game, both with a 'we'll do whatever it takes to win mentality', which has caused tremendous rewriting of the rulebook. Grappling, wrestling, holding down in the ruck, constantly offside on their own tryline. These two sides were essentially the catalyst for V'landysball. Why can't they be a nice team ... like the Raiders. Please, Mr Harry Grant, our Maitre D (Jordan Rapana) will show you to your table.

The irony is that these two teams have been the ones completely pushing the boundaries of the game (& rules) over the past decade or two. No f***s given about the spirit of the game, both with a 'we'll do whatever it takes to win mentality', which has caused tremendous rewriting of the rulebook. Grappling, wrestling, holding down in the ruck, constantly offside on their own tryline. These two sides were essentially the catalyst for V'landysball. Why can't they be a nice team ... like the Raiders. Please, Mr Harry Grant, our Maitre D (Jordan Rapana) will show you to your table.
I know this is the general narrative here but there’s not a statistic that actually backs that up, is there? The rest of the stuff, grappling, wrestling etc. was authored by Storm

gerg

Juniors

Yeah, it's meaningless to throw out theories and 'what could have beens', re-scoring a game with hypotheticals. Because we will never know. What we do know is it just f***s the game. Klein has never been the best, or least worst ref in the game. Every single fan of the game can see it.

taste2taste

Juniors
If you're a Roosters fan the positives are what an incredible attacking team they'll be next season if they let the ball fly.

Last night they were throwing offloads and attacking from thier own 20, if they continue that style of play and add Spencer and Young to that team and they'll be right up there with Penrith and Brisbane.

taste2taste

Juniors
To all the Roosters fans who misses out in the back line when Young joins the team ?

Currently it's
1 teddy
2 toupu
3 Smith
4 manu
5 suallii

Smith would have been the obvious choice buts he's been the most dangers in attack this season.

Maybe they'll let suallii go to rugby and free up 750k cap space ?

Latest posts