What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Trial Games

struggle to see him making top 30 anywhere else. And probably makes our 17.

Offers very little.

Would love him to prove me wrong this year.
While I agree, I genuinely think there is some value playing him in the middle. His defence there today was very very good and he could develop to be a solid role player there

My preference is for him to be in reggies though

Burwood

Bench
I’ll admit I tuned out for most of the final quarter, but I can’t seem to remember Bradbury at all during the match. NRL.com have him down as 1 run for 10m.

Yosh

Coach
We looked a lot smaller, slower and less physical in general compared to the Sharks. Had 50% completion at one point when all we were doing we hitting it one up.

Hodgson looks exciting. Hopefully he can stay fit and really keep Miller on edge all season.

Hastings kicking looked neat. Not threatening but neat and tidy. Probably could use some neat and tidy on the 5th after a decade of crap.

Knight Tales

Bench
Controlling halfback was a big plus. Lots to like. Lots to hate. O’Brien will be feeling the pinch a bit though.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
Thought Crossland looked a lot better last night. He’s put on some size and looked more confident.

Fitzy has to start on that left edge. Obviously he has issues with his hands and workrate but he shits on Jones/Johns from a great height.

macavity

Referee
Thought Crossland looked a lot better last night. He’s put on some size and looked more confident.

Fitzy has to start on that left edge. Obviously he has issues with his hands and workrate but he shits on Jones/Johns from a great height.

both of those points being positive take always is depressing

Special K

Coach
I’ll admit I tuned out for most of the final quarter, but I can’t seem to remember Bradbury at all during the match. NRL.com have him down as 1 run for 10m.
He looked really unfit. Just watching the replay now and he was struggling to get back in D. Has he had any injuries this pre season?

Knight Tales

Bench
both of those points being positive take always is depressing
Yeah but it is progress. Fitzy has been an a real disappointment last theee years. I remember reading an article by Nath Ryan afew years back, where he said they stitched him up on the wrestle with Fitz, when he trained with us for a day . He said the club told him Fitz was the strongest at the club. If so then there in lies the issue. Why has he not been coached to match his clear physical attributes? . Perceived nepotism aside he should be a far more consistent backrower.

Bdubs

Juniors
Nothing I saw today from Jones has changed my mind about him being much more a middle than an edge player
the only time Jones should be on a first grade field is running the water and he wouldn't be my first choice for that either, yet he's in calculations to be in our 17.

There are huge roster problems with our depth that need to be fixed ASAP, unfortunately its going to take time. The guys are either too young or should be in park football. As stated by others on here there is no real pressure on the first grade team coming from guys through

Our starting 17 is decent

Old dog

Bench
That should be part of this years progress, rate those who are off contract, don’t resign most if not all, be in market for players better than those finishing up, especially weaker areas, we will probably have to retain some for stability and backup experience as well as cap restrictions

Speaking of injuries, has anyone heard anything of Hodgson from last night? I was at the game and not sure if it got on tv but Bailey was carried off the field on one leg and looked to be in a lot of pain towards the end of the game..

Apey

Staff member
He looked really unfit. Just watching the replay now and he was struggling to get back in D. Has he had any injuries this pre season?
Sorry thats probably just our clubs stench on him, should wash off by the end of the year.

Old dog

Bench
Some positives out of game, thought Clune, Crosslands, Lucas went pretty good and Hodgson tried hard but made mistakes. Saf boys went hard while on, Hunt did well, hopefully we see a few more back next week