What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Trial Games

perverse

Referee
Just finished watching it. I dunno, you can pick and choose what you like from it really, but it was just a lot of the same uninspiring crap. 50% or less completion rate... what more do you need to say really.

No-one went out there and made a statement. Didn't look particularly organised or like anyone knew wtf they were doing as a group. Just another forgettable nothing outing for this lot. Certainly didn't see any performances from anyone with a point to prove.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Anyone watch the st Helen’s vs dragons match to see how Sione went?

apparently he is after a nrl gig next year, could see us throwing him a signing him for a one year send off

Trial team vs Parra:

1. Lachlan Miller
2. Greg Marzhew
3. Dane Gagai
4. Bradman Best
5. Dom Young
6. Kalyn Ponga (C)
7. Jackson Hastings
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Jayden Brailey (C)
10. Jacob Saifiti
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13. Kurt Mann

Interchange:

14. Phoenix Crossland
15. Leo Thompson
16. Adam Elliott
17. Jack Johns

Extended Bench:

18. Tyson Gamble
19. Hymel Hunt
20. Krystian Mapapalangi
21. Bailey Hodgson
22. Brodie Jones
23. Dylan Lucas
24. Adam Clune
25. Tom Cant
26. Oryn Keeley

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Trial team vs Parra:

1. Lachlan Miller
2. Greg Marzhew
3. Dane Gagai
4. Bradman Best
5. Dom Young
6. Kalyn Ponga (C)
7. Jackson Hastings
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Jayden Brailey (C)
10. Jacob Saifiti
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13. Kurt Mann

Interchange:

14. Phoenix Crossland
15. Leo Thompson
16. Adam Elliott
17. Jack Johns

Extended Bench:

18. Tyson Gamble
19. Hymel Hunt
20. Krystian Mapapalangi
21. Bailey Hodgson
22. Brodie Jones
23. Dylan Lucas
24. Adam Clune
25. Tom Cant
26. Oryn Keeley

I don't mind the look of that team although I really hope Elliott switches with Mann before kickoff. Jack Johns on the bench isn't good but I doubt he'd be there if Hetherington was available for selection. Still massively concerning that when we literally have one injury in the forwards Jack Johns is the next guy up.

Neither Hetherington or Tuala being in the squad is interesting, Hetherington must either be injured or serving a suspension. Not sure about Tuala? If he's injured too then that gives Marzhew a free swing at grabbing that wing position.

mozza91

Coach
Has Jack Johns ever played well at any level? I can’t remember it if he has.

Jones isn’t much chop but I’d have him ahead of a Johns and Cant seems a much better prospect aswell.

Burwood

Bench
Can’t stand Crossland in the side with Mann. Really hoping Mann shifts to 14 and Crossland is back in reggies for round 1.

Old dog

Bench
Ok it’s a trial, would look better with Elliott at 13, Mann 14 and move Crosslands to 18+.
At least nearing top side for Rd1

ryan.a87

Juniors
Thought I read on this forum somewhere that Elliott is nursing an injury…..so maybe the bench start is just to ease him into it a bit

you’d think come full strength it will be

13 Elliott
14 Mann
15 Thompson
16 Hetherington
17 Croker

mozza91

Coach
It’s probably been mentioned but it’s utter bullshit that Matterson is allowed to play in the trials and Croker isn’t. Other than the NRL kowtowing to Parra and not giving a shit about us is there any actual reason?

Burwood

Bench
It’s probably been mentioned but it’s utter bullshit that Matterson is allowed to play in the trials and Croker isn’t. Other than the NRL kowtowing to Parra and not giving a shit about us is there any actual reason?

I’m guessing it’s because Matterson’s charge was a grade one, whereas Croker’s was a grade three- more severe charges carry different consequences.

slotmachine

First Grade
Yep

Can players serving a suspension play in NRL trials?​

Players who are serving a suspension in round one of the NRL Telstra Premiership can be named and play for their clubs in pre-season trials pending their charge was either a grade one or two incident.

The trial match will not count towards their suspension.

I don't mind the look of that team although I really hope Elliott switches with Mann before kickoff. Jack Johns on the bench isn't good but I doubt he'd be there if Hetherington was available for selection. Still massively concerning that when we literally have one injury in the forwards Jack Johns is the next guy up.

Neither Hetherington or Tuala being in the squad is interesting, Hetherington must either be injured or serving a suspension. Not sure about Tuala? If he's injured too then that gives Marzhew a free swing at grabbing that wing position.
Croker is also missing through suspension so there's at least 2 players in his way