What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wb1234

Referee
SkyNZ themselves tweeted a figure though, just because it doesn't contain what YOU want doesn't mean it is a guess.

Like with Fox/Kayo they know what numbers they are getting. What they choose to release or not release is on them,
The only people who don’t believe the 700k figure are fumblers

obviously with the warriors run in the finals the ratings were massive

Iamback

Coach

Ideally you'd get the breakdown further but it doesn't need to be out there.

As long as the NRL and relevant parties have the average for an NRL round they will be fine with that.

Warriors I am sure pay and get the full breakdown as they need to know, the splits

The_Wookie

Bench
SkyNZ themselves tweeted a figure though, just because it doesn't contain what YOU want doesn't mean it is a guess.

Like with Fox/Kayo they know what numbers they are getting. What they choose to release or not release is on them,

Sky tweeted A single figure. A figure which isnt noted as average, peak or reach and could be any of the three.

Noting that this didnt make the FTA ratings top 10 for NZ (on Prime/SkyOpen), which limits the audience considerably (and the cutoff was less than 100k - and yes Prime programming has appeared on this list).

Note they also seem to just fresh this post every three weeks so back tracking is difficult.

Iamback

Coach
Sky tweeted A single figure. A figure which isnt noted as average, peak or reach and could be any of the three.

Noting that this didnt make the FTA ratings top 10 for NZ (on Prime/SkyOpen), which limits the audience considerably (and the cutoff was less than 100k - and yes Prime programming has appeared on this list).

Note they also seem to just fresh this post every three weeks so back tracking is difficult.

From the NRL report last year

All they say is the total audience watched, That is the offical media release.

I am sure when the club CEO's meet with the NRL they see the actual figures but no one has disputed them yet.

So when they did the same in a couple of months it will show the difference

Attachments

• IMG_2189.png
    IMG_2189.png
    224.5 KB · Views: 4

Perth Red

Post Whore
On data collections d it’s validity how does fox gather ptv and streaming data? How do they know how many people in the household are watching a stream of a game on kayo?

The_Wookie

Bench
On data collections d it’s validity how does fox gather ptv and streaming data? How do they know how many people in the household are watching a stream of a game on kayo?

Theyd have their own, but they use Oztam methods for everything released.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

I think this is the point right? I get that we don't get regular info on NZ TV ratings, but if it were the fumblers getting Sky tweet a figure of 700k, it'd at least be mentioned or a note made that the data is incomplete.

As you've pointed out, there is always a reason why NRL figures are never fully taken into account, be it regional and streaming previously and now a major international market.

Harry O

Juniors
So they have some Kayo subscribers with some sort of device that they input how many people are watching a stream of something In the house?
Apparently people with these devices in there houses, recieve several gifts from the company's who use their service

The_Wookie

Bench
I think this is the point right? I get that we don't get regular info on NZ TV ratings, but if it were the fumblers getting Sky tweet a figure of 700k, it'd at least be mentioned or a note made that the data is incomplete.

There is a note.

As you've pointed out, there is always a reason why NRL figures are never fully taken into account, be it regional and streaming previously and now a major international market.

Yeah, like them not existing. If i tried to extrapoloate AFL season ratings from a single f**king data point Id be lynched in here and rightfully so.

Iamback

Coach
These are almost certainly Australian only numbers. They were almost identical to the data we had for the year.

NZ has had a few games moved around.

How did Hamilton know it had the support to pay the wooden spooners to move a home game across?

Something in the data must of shown something

Status
Not open for further replies.