What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel

Referee
I’d be interesting the split and if they included the number of FTA/STA games per club.

Diesel

Referee
I know the Tigers/Bulldogs/Dragons didn’t have the best of years but we’re constantly told they’re big clubs and will always draw bigger viewing numbers to FTA. I realise this is STV figures only but would be interesting to see if these clubs have similar ranking for FTA per game, as teams like Canberra/Titans/Warriors get less than 3 FTA while other clubs double that as a minimum

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nz warriors in Australia 12 million
Nz warriors in nz 15 million

conclusion the warriors are the most watched club in the pacific
Nice stretch lol little idea of warriors numbers in nz and no idea of storm numbers in nz.. Yeh nah yeh

The_Wookie

Bench
5 City Metro ratings on Nine for 2023 (pre Grand FInal)

SydneyAve
161,000​
MelbourneAve
12,000​
BrisbaneAve
111,000​
AdelaideAve
7,000​
PerthAve
8,000​
MelbourneStorm
33,000​
Non Storm
8,000​
BrisbaneBroncos
170,000​
Dolphins
126,000​
QLD
131,000​
Non QLD
98,000​
SydneySydney
163,000​
NSW
163,000​
Non NSW
146,000​

The_Wookie

Bench
I know the Tigers/Bulldogs/Dragons didn’t have the best of years but we’re constantly told they’re big clubs and will always draw bigger viewing numbers to FTA. I realise this is STV figures only but would be interesting to see if these clubs have similar ranking for FTA per game, as teams like Canberra/Titans/Warriors get less than 3 FTA while other clubs double that as a minimum

the numbers were stv and fta combined

The_Wookie

Bench
Nz warriors in Australia 12 million
Nz warriors in nz 15 million

conclusion the warriors are the most watched club in the pacific

Nz warriors in nz: no actual data. And no data for 8 years means this is not even an educated guess, its just an invented number.

The_Wookie

Bench
700k for one game

the only nz number we know is zero is afl

maybe when afl get a team in nz you will find a way to get the nz numbers

lol

Still dont have confirmation of what that 700k is.

Its not a case of finding a way to get them. They arent released by Sky or Nielson since 2015, except in very little excerpts with no real info - literally like 4 times in 8 years. Its been noted multiple times in the NZ media that Sky dont really release numbers.

And I refuse to make shit up just to appease this board.

Pneuma

First Grade

Its not a case of finding a way to get them. They arent released by Sky or Nielson since 2015, except in very little excerpts with no real info - literally like 4 times in 8 years. Its been noted multiple times in the NZ media that Sky dont really release numbers.

Population of NZ is just over 5 million. If the All Blacks had a million watching a test that’s 20%. 20% of Australians is over 5 million. We know that, apart from the Matilda’s we’ve never gone close to that afl or nrl. Either is lucky to get to 4 million. Ergo we have no idea what a million means in New Zealand reach or otherwise unless an official statement is released. In other words, as usual, you are correct.

Wb1234

Referee

Between hours watched and ignoring nz you will find a way to help out the good guys !

The_Wookie

Bench
Between hours watched and ignoring nz you will find a way to help out the good guys !

hours watched is a legit statistic - and you know how we know this, because we literally get time data from Oztams 9 and Fox BVOD releases. Note that one of the components required to determine average viewership is the length of the broadcast.

And yes Ive taken feedback on board to make it more accurate by moving from game time length to programme time length.

And if there was actual comparable data for NZ it would be included. Its not, and theres no reasonable or remotely accurate way to arrive at that data.

Wb1234

Referee
hours watched is a legit statistic - and you know how we know this, because we literally get time data from Oztams 9 and Fox BVOD releases. Note that one of the components required to determine average viewership is the length of the broadcast.

And yes Ive taken feedback on board to make it more accurate by moving from game time length to programme time length.

And if there was actual comparable data for NZ it would be included. Its not, and theres no reasonable or remotely accurate way to arrive at that data.
Plus nz ratings 15 million

Status
Not open for further replies.