What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wb1234

Referee
After boggling, what explanation does your mind bring forth?

There is strong opposition to private health care in the UK. Similar resistance to public health care in the US. In both cases it largely derives from that section of the population who believe that change would involve them paying twice.

Broncos v Dragons crowd 26k - low side, Fox rating 335k - high side.

Looks to me there is a cohort of NRL fans who when they take out a Fox subscription are less inclined to buy a membership and attend games.

The equivalent AFL fans are less likely to take out a Fox subscription and more likely to buy a membership and attend games. This is disappointing from an NRL crowd point of view, but the quid pro quo should be the NRL get a lot more money from Fox.

I've read all the defences of why AFL is deemed more valuable to TV and none of them are commercially plausible. There's something rotten at the heart of the broadcast deals.

Fox ratings for 3 rounds of NRL are striking. Experts said the STB numbers would fall with the advent of streaming. The opposite seems to be happening for NRL games this year.

Comparable AFL round 1 ratings are poor.

PVL must see all these figures. What does he think? Not what does he say he thinks in interviews. What does he really think?
1. Longer game time
2. More metro capitals covered

those would be the conventional arguments

my argument would be since super league news ltd owns or controls rugby league and uses profits it makes on getting nrl cheaply to pay afl extra

why ? To permanently keep nrl weak ?
To grow viewers in southern states where it has lower penetration ?

both channel nine and fox pay well less than what nrl is worth

with origins nrl should be getting more than afl not less

throw in bad nrl leadership who are poor negotiators

Wb1234

Referee
The answer to that question would be found in what he`s thinking when he lays in bed at night in the dark, staring at the ceiling.
The conundrum for him; how do I do the right thing by the Murdoch`s, the people who if he gets it right could promote him to positions of inconceivable power in their global empire and alternatively, how do I do the right thing by Rugby League, the game that he likes to tell us, made him accepted as a different looking little migrant boy with a funny name in a foreign land 50 years ago.
Thing is he deals with Murdoch for the horse racing stuff and they get paid good money

this is a league thing only

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nobody pays more than they have to for something. Reality is we have never had real competition for the rights, until that happens we wont get an uplift like AFL just had regradless of ratings. Hopefully out strong tv performance is making paramount and STan sit up and take notice!
Fingers crossed for 2028.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I suspect the drop more coincided with all the telstra customers $5 or $15 deals running out And kayo going up to $30. Be interesting to see if it picks up as footy season kicks off.

Wb1234

Referee
I suspect the drop more coincided with all the telstra customers $5 or $15 deals running out And kayo going up to $30. Be interesting to see if it picks up as footy season kicks off.
Nrl foxtel ratings show league hasn’t lost any viewers

so they’ve worn the price increases

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
That's the bounder who manhandled Her Majesty.

Manners like Ned Kelly.

BTW, pleased to see the grammar filter objects to the American spelling of "Labour".
I think one of your rags at the time labelled him " the Lizard of Oz ".
I`ll tell you what though, if the memoirs of another Labor Prime Minister are accurate, Gough Whitlam, who was a guest of the royal family once when the Liz and her sister were much younger, according to him, both very flirtatious, one might even say provocative, rolling around on a rug in front of him. Scandalous. Maybe The Lizard thought he was in with a chance.

Wb1234

Referee
I think one of your rags at the time labelled him " the Lizard of Oz ".
I`ll tell you what though, if the memoirs of another Labor Prime Minister are accurate, Gough Whitlam, who was a guest of the royal family once when the Liz and her sister were much younger, according to him, both very flirtatious, one might even say provocative, rolling around on a rug in front of him. Scandalous. Maybe The Lizard thought he was in with a chance.

What a tinpot democracy we live in

The Penguin #6.

Juniors

What a tinpot democracy we live in
Only in Oz could you have a comedian there at a moment of history like that.
I looked everywhere to find the interview where Gunston asks Fraser what a caretaker Gov`t. is, " does that mean you`ll be doing the lawns Mr. Fraser ?" but couldn`t find it. Only in Oz.

Status
Not open for further replies.