What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Once they didn’t make Warnie captain I was pretty much losing interest
I was a huge cricket fan back in the day when Border was captain. Then you had other great players like the Waugh twins, McGrath, Warnie, Ponting, Gilly etc. They were all hard nosed cricketers.

But when Clarke became captain, the Australian side seemed to change. It was like a soft underbelly was born under his reign into the side, and eventually, it lead to sandpaper gate years later.

The_Wookie

Bench
Man you guys are bringing back some memories

Australian cricket peaked with Australia v Australia A in the world series in 1994/1995, you'll never convince me otherwise. Almost every member of the A-team - including Blewett, Hayden, Langer, Ponting, and Martyn in that series ended up playing excellent Test Cricket for Australia.

Wb1234

Referee
Australian cricket peaked with Australia v Australia A in the world series in 1994/1995, you'll never convince me otherwise. Almost every member of the A-team - including Blewett, Hayden, Langer, Ponting, and Martyn in that series ended up playing excellent Test Cricket for Australia.
I remember the controversy of that series too

For 20 years australia just kept producing these amazing players I was hooked

i remember allan border captain courageous when we would get belted by the windies

I probably liked cricket as much as league I miss it these days

Pneuma

First Grade
It’s amazing isn’t it? It was so simple then. We had a great team with great leadership. It fell to pieces in my view due to gutless administration and I think that seriously diminished Pontings captaincy as the players and he were not supported. Back before then you never missed a minute of summer cricket. I remember back around 2010/11 being in the virgin lounge in Canberra, the test cricket was on and nobody was watching it. The nexus was broken. First day of the series against South Africa and nobody cared. I can never forget Border and Thommo trying to hold out the poms decades ago. I don’t recall one minute of this years series. Who did we play? lol

Wb1234

Referee
It’s amazing isn’t it? It was so simple then. We had a great team with great leadership. It fell to pieces in my view due to gutless administration and I think that seriously diminished Pontings captaincy as the players and he were not supported. Back before then you never missed a minute of summer cricket. I remember back around 2010/11 being in the virgin lounge in Canberra, the test cricket was on and nobody was watching it. The nexus was broken. First day of the series against South Africa and nobody cared. I can never forget Border and Thommo trying to hold out the poms decades ago. I don’t recall one minute of this years series. Who did we play? lol
We went from dk ab and thommo

then McDermott Hughes and Taylor

to where it got really interesting

steve Waugh McGrath Warnie etc (that was the peak imo)

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I was a huge cricket fan back in the day when Border was captain. Then you had other great players like the Waugh twins, McGrath, Warnie, Ponting, Gilly etc. They were all hard nosed cricketers.

But when Clarke became captain, the Australian side seemed to change. It was like a soft underbelly was born under his reign into the side, and eventually, it lead to sandpaper gate years later.
McGrath was a great bowler but his bullying towards the Sri Lankans was a disgrace and gutless to boot, fancy standing over some Sri Lankan midget challenging him to a fight, I called him the bully with blonde tips on the radio once. And Dave Warner and his " speak English" to the Indians, what a bogan.
Alan Border, Mark Taylor, they were heroes and all class. I met Taylor at the airport once and chewed his ear about that famous over in the West Indies by Shane Warne where we beat them to win the series for the first time in yonks, absolutely charming fellow.

Wb1234

Referee
McGrath was a great bowler but his bullying towards the Sri Lankans was a disgrace and gutless to boot, fancy standing over some Sri Lankan midget challenging him to a fight, I called him the bully with blonde tips on the radio once. And Dave Warner and his " speak English" to the Indians, what a bogan.
Alan Border, Mark Taylor, they were heroes and all class. I met Taylor at the airport once and chewed his ear about that famous over in the West Indies by Shane Warne where we beat them to win the series for the first time in yonks, absolutely charming fellow.
Oooh aaaaah

Glenn McGrath!

he really got mad when kaluwithrana used to belt him around the park

It's a good point re cricket but I wonder, for various reasons, whether this is isolated to cricket or other sports as well. Other sports that Ive noticed loose public interest / appear over the years include MLB, Football (Serie A, La Ligua, A League-ish), Rugby Union, Swimming, Tennis (will be pretty much done once Nadal pulls the pin), Golf.

For me, NRL, NFL, NBA have remained about the same without increasing popularity but also not conceding too much ground.

Wb1234

Referee
It's a good point re cricket but I wonder, for various reasons, whether this is isolated to cricket or other sports as well. Other sports that Ive noticed loose public interest / appear over the years include MLB, Football (Serie A, La Ligua, A League-ish), Rugby Union, Swimming, Tennis (will be pretty much done once Nadal pulls the pin), Golf.

For me, NRL, NFL, NBA have remained about the same without increasing popularity but also not conceding too much ground.
Super league
That’s more like it

with kayo very healthy numbers justifying this competition

The_Wookie

Bench
Week 1 Summary

RoundHomeAwayPrematchMatchPostgameMiniKayo Est (89% Lnr)Est Match Total
PreWarriorsTigers51,00045,39096,390
PreKnightsSharks23,00060,00027,00053,400113,400
PresouthsManly77,000107,00039,00021,00095,230202,230
PrePanthersEels119,000101,00089,890190,890
PreDragonsSaints95,000108,00096,120204,120
PreMelbourneSydney33,000103,00091,670194,670
PreCanberraCanterbury120,000148,000131,720279,720
PreNorth QueenslandDolphins143,000153,000136,170289,170
PreBrisbaneGold Coast155,000101,00025,00089,890190,890
Total932,000104,000ave
AllStarsMaoriIndigenous74,00013,00011,57024,570
Allstars WMaori WIndigenous W27,00050,00044,50094,500

Last year the Kayo numbers as published gave a 77% ratio for streaming to STB, by year end it had it 89%. Ive used the higher figure here until more is known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts