What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
There must be some kind of explanation for this? Did they switch to a different game that was being played concurrently? There has to be something we aren't seeing in these TV numbers that are impacting AFL ratings.

The main reason is that their crowds are up a fair bit, as are the NRL's. The NRL crowd interest is translating to TV ratings, and the AFL's seems to be lagging. You'd expect if the AFL's games were boring, they'd suffer at the turnstile also.
I believe this dichotomy is really more just a reflection of the fanaticism of a certain element of the fumbleball fan base. The madder of the bastards are flocking to games live in line with crowd increases in a lot of other sports,
The drop off in tv ratings numbers reveals though, if you`re not a fumbleball fanatic but rather a casual or semi-casual viewer, who may be a little more discerning in the allegiance to watching the game on Tv, then obviously a lot aren`t liking what they`re seeing.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
At a guess, I would probably argue that the diehards or those more inclined to watch fumbleball are still consuming (as they nominally would) however the casuals or the more discerning audience (the ones who would nominally watch sport on TV rather than attend) are flocking to other sports.
Hey just read this post, you`ve said everything I just posted (above) but in about half the number words. LOL.

Vibing

Juniors
Still waiting for yesterdays game which should be 500K plus
but should be over 5 mill for the round that got knocked around on Thurs , Fri & Sat nights by the cricket.

Steel Saints

Juniors
a bit meh to match the game tbh
about 460K for the kings birthday clash , 5 mill for the round

one of the smaller ones for 2023
Queensland didn't have a public holiday yesterday. They have the King's Birthday in October, the same time NSW has labour day.

Wb1234

Immortal
I watched Knights/Broncos at the R.S.L. in Coffs while visiting my son, what a game, the place was pumping, would have been perfect if the Knights could have just hung on.
Didn`t see the first game as I was too scared to watch, we got a very pleasant surprise when we looked up the score though, so we streamed it when we got back to his digs.
I
a bit meh to match the game tbh
about 460K for the kings birthday clash , 5 mill for the round

one of the smaller ones for 2023
Cough cough

Origin hangover

Steel Saints

Juniors

Standard effort. Why this isn’t on 9 bewilders me.

In the next tv deal, there will be nine games a week. Hopefully four games a week are on FTA. At the moment, there is seven rounds (Easter, ANZAC and final five rounds) with four games a week on Nine.

Perth Red

Post Whore
In the next tv deal, there will be nine games a week. Hopefully four games a week are on FTA. At the moment, there is seven rounds (Easter, ANZAC and final five rounds) with four games a week on Nine.
Ideally we will have a Sat night on FTA and the extra game on an early Sunday evening. Someone winning the rights that isnt competing with itself like 10/Paramount or 9/Stan would make that more likely than Fox holding on to them.

Vibing

Juniors
Ideally we will have a Sat night on FTA and the extra game on an early Sunday evening. Someone winning the rights that isnt competing with itself like 10/Paramount or 9/Stan would make that more likely than Fox holding on to them.
foxtel will push to keep their exclusive coverage on Saturdays & the NRL should use this desire to push up the price

foxtel will want probably 7 games a fortnight exclusive on Saturdays

4 one week
1pm a NZ game kicking off at 3pm their time
3pm
5.30pm
7.30pm

3 the following
3pm
5.30pm
7.30pm

when there isn't 4 on the Saturday , it will be 3 on the Sunday with a 6.15pm STV game as the 3rd game of the day.

Vibing

Juniors
If we're split between an FTA provider & foxtel , I can't see FTA outbidding foxtel & breaking its exclusivity on Saturdays
If we go 9/Stan or Paramount /10 then yeah , we will get a 4th FTA game

Status
Not open for further replies.