What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry O

Juniors
Dwanker claims he's a Broncos fan, I bet he couldn't name one player in that team. Hurry up google it why don't you?

NRLMad

Juniors
Australia should stop stockpiling Pacific Islanders to start - tualagi, nene, tino, Holmes, Fifita, ….. hammer, goes on and on. they should be playing for the Pacific teams….

We also need the best players to front up for their countries as well.

It would seem in our quest to make Samoa and Tonga more competitive we may have weakened the only nation capable of beating australia. Maybe that was the ARLC‘s plan all along l

For those who don’t recall (and why would you) I had this idea in January/February

I remember looking at the first Auckland Warriors jersey in 95 and thinking the Australian RL badge jarred a bit.

NRL has been a highly successful branding exercise for the comp and the game. I wouldn't change the name. The word "national" is usefully generic. Can be interpreted as "elite".

Wb1234

Referee
Maybe we should copy afl and ban australia from international competition lmao

real shame the hammer switched to Australia and why isn’t taumalomo playing for tonga when he’s boxing

nz look a bit weak samoa looks good.’ Australia will probably win but it’s a meh side

Pneuma

First Grade
We all want a stronger International game but in most cases there is Australian/NZ and a parent or Grandparent born in an island
Yep. That’s why the heritage rule applies well. But they are not ‘Pacific Islanders’. They are Australians of pacific island heritage. I have no problems them choosing to play for their country of heritage. It’s great for the game and it’s seeing growth across Tonga, Samoa and Fiji as a result. Good problem to have.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
For whatever reason, the AFL doesnt want AFL players involved in its International Cup, preferring to keep it low profile and completely amateur. Im convinced the only reason they even have the Cup is so Brian Clarke doesnt do his own again.

Having spoken to several other international AFL orgs, they dont seem too keen on having AFL players join their ranks for it either.

Id have very much liked to have seen a rugby league type heritage selection process, but no one really gives a damn.
Outside of Victoria and a few wasteland states of Australia, that last sentence pretty much sums up AFLs place in world sport

Perth Red

Post Whore
And they still get more television money, what does that say about us?
And sponsorship money, and gate money and govt mOney and generally just more mOney everywhere lol maybe gambling were better at.
for a sht sport they leave us in the dust financially

Ralphy Twanger

Juniors
And sponsorship money, and gate money and govt mOney and generally just more mOney everywhere lol maybe gambling were better at.
for a sht sport they leave us in the dust financially
Said it a million times, it’s a completely different sport with its own set of pro’s and con’s, comparing the 2 codes is apples and oranges, I don’t care what anyone says AFL is bigger in Australia overall, fans are much more passionate and they have a much larger following in the NRL states than we do in the AFL states.

It has probably cost the AFL hundreds of millions to establish the east coast expansion clubs, gaining a foothold in RL territory hasn’t come cheap, are the NRL willing to spend that kind of money to gain a real following in the southern states? Do they have the money?

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Australia should stop stockpiling Pacific Islanders to start - tualagi, nene, tino, Holmes, Fifita, ….. hammer, goes on and on. they should be playing for the Pacific teams….
FMD.........Holmes, Hammer, Fafita, Tino were all born in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts