What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Brian potter

First Grade
Was honestly expecting a crowd of 35k+ for the dolphins v cowboys game.

how did this game draw last season?

jim_57

Staff member

33,449 last year V Cowboys in round 26. Friday Night.

32,177 round 1 last year V Roosters. Also Sunday afternoon.

Canard

Immortal

33,449 last year V Cowboys in round 26. Friday Night.

32,177 round 1 last year V Roosters. Also Sunday afternoon.
You would think that this is there biggest home draw other then the Broncos.

I would like to see Bri2 would be more of a draw then that.

beave

Coach

the ticket strategy was horrendous. they only opened up the whole 1st and 2nd levels on Tuesday night last week. They had a few bays for sale prior but they were one game membership tickets to help inflate their bullshit membership numbers.

beave

Coach
You would think that this is there biggest home draw other then the Broncos.

I would like to see Bri2 would be more of a draw then that.
There was a good portion of the crowd wearing NQ colours, i'd say at around 20% were NQ fans, a noticeable Cowbs chant went up a few times during the game.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Hmm - tickets are selling slower than I thought they would for Broncos vs Rabbitohs on Thursday. We will be reliant on Stadium and GA Broncos members for this attendance. A bit disappointed.

I don't expect any less than 32,000, but I can't see more than 37,000 happening unless something happens. Thursday looks warm and sunny, so who knows!

Memberships have sold incredibly well, but game day tickets are moving slowly. Pricepoint is clearly the problem.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hmm - tickets are selling slower than I thought they would for Broncos vs Rabbitohs on Thursday. We will be reliant on Stadium and GA Broncos members for this attendance. A bit disappointed.

I don't expect any less than 32,000, but I can't see more than 37,000 happening unless something happens. Thursday looks warm and sunny, so who knows!

Memberships have sold incredibly well, but game day tickets are moving slowly. Pricepoint is clearly the problem.
Stupid prices

Sideline $85 adults $65 kids
Behind sticks $49 adult $27 kids
In the gods corners $32 adult $21 kids

They charge far too much for kids and need a cheap option for adults for those who cant afford to fork out $50 for behind the sticks. They should make the top tier $15 entry and try and fill the place!

Reactions: Vee

PARRA_FAN

Coach

Crowds - Round 1​

Sat 6:30pmMAN v SOUAllegiant38,853
Sat 8:30pmSYD v BRIAllegiant40,746
Thu 8:00pmNEW v CANMcD. Jones22,378
Fri 8:00pmWAR v CROGo Media24,076
Fri 8:05pmMEL v PENAAMI20,169
Sat 5:30pmPAR v CBYCommBank29,171
Sat 6:35pmGLD v SGICbus Super14,537
Sun 3:05pmDOL v NQLSuncorp32,477

Round Total: 222,407 / Average per game 27,801

Aggregate is 183,554 if you only count the overall Vegas crowd

Either way its the highest since 2011, which I think is the highest ever Round 1 attendence.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Stupid prices

Sideline $85 adults $65 kids
Behind sticks $49 adult $27 kids
In the gods corners $32 adult $21 kids

They charge far too much for kids and need a cheap option for adults for those who cant afford to fork out $50 for behind the sticks. They should make the top tier $15 entry and try and fill the place!
The game against the Cowboys is worse - level 7 sideline is $149 a pop. The same area is $159 for Origin.

Canard

Immortal
There was a good portion of the crowd wearing NQ colours, i'd say at around 20% were NQ fans, a noticeable Cowbs chant went up a few times during the game.
You could hear it on the telecast. Good to see.

Lidcombe Bull

Juniors
Either way its the highest since 2011, which I think is the highest ever Round 1 attendence.
2024 is the highest R1 average ever at 27,801 per game - 2011 was 25,039 per game. However if you split the maximum Vegas crowd in half (which I think is bad analysis), then 2011 is higher, as the 2024 R1 average will drop to 22,944.

Last edited:

Lidcombe Bull

Juniors

Cost of living crisis taking effect perhaps?

The NRL should look at countering this effect and reduce ticket prices. Game day tickets are far from the main form of revenue, so it makes no sense to not start lowering the prices and promote it as a feelgood story.

Valheru

Coach
2024 is the highest R1 average ever at 27,801 per game - 2011 was 25,039 per game. However if you split the maximum Vegas crowd in half (which I think is bad analysis), then 2011 is higher, as the 2024 R1 average will drop to 22,944.
You shouldn't cut it in half.

Fairest way is to add it once to aggregate and divide by 7 for the average instead of 8

bazza

Immortal

The NRL should look at countering this effect and reduce ticket prices. Game day tickets are far from the main form of revenue, so it makes no sense to not start lowering the prices and promote it as a feelgood story.
hasn't ticket pricing gotten "smarter" by changing prices based on the popularity?
Though it seems as if the more popular games are just more expensive rather than the less popular games being cheaper

I think the current strategy is to get cheap seats via membership than lowering individual game day tickets. Wouldn't mind seeing cheap game day tickets to away team (or any other NRL club) members to achieve a bit of both

Perth Red

Post Whore

Clubs control ticket prices. What we should have is kids seats massively cheaper and in stadiums with excess capacity cheap seats should be cheap so the avg Jo without much money can go to games as well.

Also in stadiums with excess capacity have reciprocal membership deals and offer away team members a deal.

When you have Broncos charging $80-$100 a seat in stadium that is rarley more than 60% full it seems insane.

You shouldn't cut it in half.

Fairest way is to add it once to aggregate and divide by 7 for the average instead of 8
We don`t count as one viewer the person who sits down and watches 3 games on Foxtel on a Saturday afternoon, they are three unique views, so why are we counting as the one viewer somebody who watches two games in a row live.

Latest posts