What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

taste2taste

Juniors
This Saturday should be retro round !!
Belmore, Leighcart and Kograh !!

I'm tempted to do a surban grounds pub crawl lol

How are tickets tracking for the 3 super Saturday games ?

shewi6

Juniors
This Saturday should be retro round !!
Belmore, Leighcart and Kograh !!

I'm tempted to do a surban grounds pub crawl lol

How are tickets tracking for the 3 super Saturday games ?
Impossible to tell when the majority of the tickets are GA.

Hate to say it but going by the home teams form of the last few years and the opposition not having massive away followings in sydney, then if they all break 5 figures I think that is a win.

Valheru

Coach
Dogs fans normally get behind the Belmore game don't they?

Yeah crowds could be grim at Leichardt and Kogarah though but hopefully first home game for both teams helps.

yakstorm

First Grade
Seating at Belmore is pretty limited (Grandstand holds 9,000) and the alcohol free GA section is also down to limited capacity, so I'd say it's around the 10K mark at least. Biggest impact is going to be weather, if it's fine, I think it will go close to it's 17K capacity, if it's wet or threatening, possibly finish more around 12-14K.

Last few crowds at Belmore:
2023 - Vs Brisbane : 17,103
2023 - Vs Wests Tigers : 16,404 (Multiculture Round)
2022 - Vs Dragons : 16,991
2019 - Vs Storm : 13,131

Kogarah still has so many seats available, unless there is a big walk up, I think it will be the first sub-10K crowd for the year.

A reasonable number of tickets have now been sold at the northern and southern ends of Allianz Stadium for Friday night. Should look close to full in these stands by kickoff.

There's a smattering of tickets available to the public in the lowest tier of the eastern grandstand, but otherwise looks like members have 'opted in' for these tickets in pretty strong numbers.

The top tier of the eastern grandstand has been pretty slow to move tickets, so I think it will do well to be half full by kickoff. Same goes for the notoriously fickle SCG Trust members in the top tier of the western grandstand.

Overall I think Friday night will draw about 32,000. That's down about 13% on the same game last year. A reasonable crowd all things considered (Souths' form, Allianz is no longer 'new,' cost of living and Easter being the following weekend), but there may be room for the Roosters to review their pricing and promotional strategy for next year.

Harry O

Juniors
We couldn't get the 20% off, so we opted to buy at the stadium instead, maybe someone should open a thread on cheap tickets so we know

Kurt Angle

First Grade
yeah a 20k odd rectangular stadium in a central location is probably something that would get good use in Brisbane between A-League, Union, NRLW and maybe some non Broncos NRL games

Ballymore seems about the right size - but location isn't great. Perry Park seems a better spot but space seems limited.
There new stadium at Ipswich seems good - but not central
Convert the Gabba to a 24,000 seat rectangular ground

Move cricket and AFL to Mt Gravatt.

Solved.

shewi6

Juniors
Seating at Belmore is pretty limited (Grandstand holds 9,000) and the alcohol free GA section is also down to limited capacity, so I'd say it's around the 10K mark at least. Biggest impact is going to be weather, if it's fine, I think it will go close to it's 17K capacity, if it's wet or threatening, possibly finish more around 12-14K.

Last few crowds at Belmore:
2023 - Vs Brisbane : 17,103
2023 - Vs Wests Tigers : 16,404 (Multiculture Round)
2022 - Vs Dragons : 16,991
2019 - Vs Storm : 13,131

Kogarah still has so many seats available, unless there is a big walk up, I think it will be the first sub-10K crowd for the year.
I mean i will be happy if they all get over 10k, anything more is a bonus.

Not like they would get a lot of neutrals to these games in isloation but it is a very crowded weekend in sydney. There will be 20k at penrith, 30k at the sfs and probably 25k at parra.

If anyone wanted to watch a good game this weekend than they would choose a big crowd at a modern stadium. The diehards will watch their teams at suburban grounds.

jim_57

Staff member
Penrith - 21.5k
Christchurch - 17k
Allianz - 33k
Belmore - 14k
Kogarah - 13k
Leichhardt - 13k
Commbank - 24k
Newcastle - 22k

I reckon the 3 Saturday night games will do OK, I’d be disappointed if any got under 10k this early in the season. If it’s pissing rain maybe but otherwise they should all get 12k+ I’d hope.

shewi6

Juniors
Rd 3 predictions:

Penrith - 20.5k Might sell out still, but some no shows on thursday.

Christchurch - 17k Sellout

SFS - 33k Both sides not in great form, not much build up this year but still a solid crowd helped by a good stadium

Belmore - 12k? Stab in the dark for the saturday games.

Kogarah - 9k No away fans and kogarah has had some bad crowds last few years. Maybe more will show to support changes club has made.

Leichardt - 12.5k Sydey derby at the 8th wonder of the world...

Commbank - 22.5k Hoping for 25k plus but parra have a lot of big games frontloaded in the season and manly won't bring as many away fans as thise games.

Newcastle - 22.5k Once again hoping for 25k being on a sunday, but 2 losses to open the season won't help.

Total: 149k Average: 18 625

Greenstar5

Juniors
Its Round 3 and 7 games in NSW and 1 in NZ.

3 Teams in SEQ and not 1 game there? It's only a minor thing but it's a bit sloppy in my opinion.

Simple fixture ideas like Broncos and Dolphins playing at home on separate rounds, helps to increase crowds.

shewi6

Juniors
Its Round 3 and 7 games in NSW and 1 in NZ.

3 Teams in SEQ and not 1 game there? It's only a minor thing but it's a bit sloppy in my opinion.

Simple fixture ideas like Broncos and Dolphins playing at home on separate rounds, helps to increase crowds.

NSW must not have any pink concerts...

@Timmah

ROUND 3 CROWD ESTIMATES
Penrith - 20,000
Christchurch - 18,000
Moore Park - 32,000
Belmore - 13,000
Kogarah - 10,000
Leichhardt - 13,000
Parramatta - 24,000
Newcastle - 22,000
Total - 152,000