What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Wb1234

Immortal
Great scenes at Leichhardt and Belmore today.

You know, I think I've experienced it all as Rabbitohs supporter.

Winning, losing, a premiership, wooden spoons, explusion, re-admission, privatisation, off field dramas, on field dramas.... and everything in between.

But I have never experienced a real home ground advantage.
Redfern oval was a real intimidating ground

when they move to allianz it will be a huge advantage

Steel Saints

Juniors
Dragons should play 8 home games at Wollongong, 4 home games at the SFS against the Roosters, Rabbitohs, Tigers and another Sydney team. Then play at least 2 away games at the SFS against the Roosters and Rabbitohs. Work with those other SFS based teams (which hopefully Rabbitohs will become) for a 6 game package membership deal. And ditch Kogarah altogether.

If Kogarah can't get funding for upgrades and the Rabbits move to Allianz, then what you suggested becomes a possibility.

Since I am from the Gong side of the merger, I'll be fair. Have seven home games at Win, five home games at Allianz and two "away" games against Roosters and Rabbits. So you have seven games at Win, seven at Allianz.

Iamback

Coach
I don't think the Dragons are on the nose in Wollongong, but more of a case that they don't play regular home games at Win stadium every fortnight, like the Steelers used to do.

And of course since 2010, the club has been run horrendously.

But just like every fan base, they want to see a team that is competitive.

You won't get an argument from me that they should be more a Wollongong based team, given the ownership model you'd think they would push more for that

jim_57

Staff member
Even if Allianz was put in Kogarah, You have still now got a majority population being Chinese and other nationalities that don't follow RL.

Begs the question then doesn’t it? If Kogarah isn’t surrounded by Dragons fans any more would a “central” venue for their Sydney games make more sense? As I’m guessing fans are spread out around the city.

Play derby games at Allianz, the rest in Wollongong and push for an upgrade there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Begs the question then doesn’t it? If Kogarah isn’t surrounded by Dragons fans any more would a “central” venue for their Sydney games make more sense? As I’m guessing fans are spread out around the city.

Play derby games at Allianz, the rest in Wollongong and push for an upgrade there.
Sharks membership report showed only 6k or so game members actually lived in the shire. This local ground for local fans is bs. Move with the times Sydney.

yakstorm

First Grade
No more government money should be spent on Kogarah, I mean the ground had upgrades only 10 years ago & out of the suburban grounds is arguably in the best shape.

As other posters have mentioned, St George supporters don't live in Carlton anymore. It's actually a shape the built infrastructure can't be picked up and moved to another ground.

As others have said, Allianz & WIN are the best two stadiums for the Dragons. WIN is near where more of their younger supporters live & where their juniors are coming from, whilst the Dragons already have history playing out of Moore Park (1986 - 1988, 2000 - 2002).

Wb1234

Immortal
No more government money should be spent on Kogarah, I mean the ground had upgrades only 10 years ago & out of the suburban grounds is arguably in the best shape.

As other posters have mentioned, St George supporters don't live in Carlton anymore. It's actually a shape the built infrastructure can't be picked up and moved to another ground.

As others have said, Allianz & WIN are the best two stadiums for the Dragons. WIN is near where more of their younger supporters live & where their juniors are coming from, whilst the Dragons already have history playing out of Moore Park (1986 - 1988, 2000 - 2002).
There’s still loads of dragons fans in Sydney but they aren’t going cause they’ve been crap for so long

most would go to Wollongong though

Iamback

Coach

That would be my plan for them

yakstorm

First Grade
GA North has officially sold out at Commbank Stadium. Premium is sold out, Platinum is down to single seats, other sideline bays in the lower bowl are also down to single seats and strong sales in the upper section.

Surely has to equal the crowd that last year's match up got (21,296).

Latest posts