What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
Pre-sales for Campbelltown are the best I've seen for years (which I appreciate is a very low base)

On the Western stand, Bays 1 - 9 are either sold out or down to limited tickets. Only Bay 10 has more than 3 tickets together.

Eastern stand is still only selling Bays 18 - 21. Encouragingly these are are majority sold.

Hopefully we'll start to see the other bays put on sale in the coming days and the match can at least push capacity.

Harry O

Juniors
Pre-sales for Campbelltown are the best I've seen for years (which I appreciate is a very low base)

On the Western stand, Bays 1 - 9 are either sold out or down to limited tickets. Only Bay 10 has more than 3 tickets together.

Eastern stand is still only selling Bays 18 - 21. Encouragingly these are are majority sold.

Hopefully we'll start to see the other bays put on sale in the coming days and the match can at least push capacity.
Lol do u work for ticketek?

Wb1234

Referee

Tigers form should see them set their highest crowd average in almost 20 years

can’t believe the turnaround Benji has wrought

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Conspiracy theories & Topball aside, the 3rd Battle of Brisbane is down to single tickets.
Almost certainly sellout before Friday. Looks like Good weather. Should see 47k+.
Significantly more of the accessible (wheelchair access) seats have sold to this game over the Cowboys game too. It's also possible that the corporate areas are filled over capacity given that the licensed capacity is 52,500. I'm hopeful, and wouldn't be surprised if the stadium allowed the Broncos to do this. We will know it they spill out into the south west corner. Some might be sent up to the level 7 corners to stand after dinner. If this happens and the stadium members show up we could actually see 48.5k. Best case scenario, though!

I'll still go with 46-47.5k.

Maybe about 120 seats on the membership portal yet to be released on ticketek.

yakstorm

First Grade
Solid pre-sales at Newcastle for Thursday night. Very little available on the sidelines between the ingoals in the lower grandstands & solid sales the upper areas as well.

Trending slightly ahead of their opening match, though there is always an unknown with how many members can attend on a Thursday.

Marlins

Juniors
I’ll have a go this week -

Knights v Roosters 25k
Storm v Bulldogs 16k
Broncos v Dolphins 47k
Warriors v Sea Eagles 25k
Eels v Cowboys 18k
Rabbitohs v Sharks 14k
Tigers v Dragons 16k
Raiders v Titans 14k

Total Round - 175k
Round Average - 21k

yakstorm

First Grade
Knights/Roosters - not likely
Broncos/Dolphins - likely
Warriors/Sea Eagles - 100%
Tigers/Dragons - not likely
Knights v Roosters I think we can eliminate all together. It's more trending towards low 20Ks versus capacity and Thursday's aren't known for walk ups.

Tigers v Dragons should get reasonable walk ups (outside of the mid-2000s games at CSS have generally had a less than 50% pre-sale) and is also reasonably accessible to the Dragons Wollongong fan base. Agree that it's not likely, but far from unrealistic.

Broncos v Dolphins will be called a sellout on Friday. It could be called now, though I imagine the Broncos want to maximise their revenue from this one as much as possible.

Penrith fan

Juniors
People are amazingly thin skinned in the world today.

Remember when our Great Great Grand Fathers would go off and fight wars with very little food.

Come home and play Rugby League which was full of biff and bash in the day.

My Grand Father came across after WW2 as a ten-pound Pom and didn't have a cent to his name when he got to Australia.

No government payouts then. You had to make your own way.

He found a nice lady, worked 3 or 4 jobs a week, settled down and had a family.

My Father fought in Vietnam at the height of the battle.

He had to come home and reassess his life by himself and work very hard to achieve anything.

Now everyone is mentally ill.

The modern generation spend all their time on social media and other sites whinging and sooking.

But lets talk about the resurgence of Rugby League and the crowd numbers are almost at record high levels as everyone falls back in love with our great game.

I have talked about how Rugby League has taken over from Rugby Union and Fumbleball as the No 1 sport in Australasia.

And if you build it, they will come.

We are now seeing record levels of attendance at games across the nation.

It's true, people can't get enough of Rugby League.

I'm expecting full house signs to go up this round, like they have the last few rounds.

Everyone across this great nation of Australia and the great nation of New Zeeland is talking rugby league 24/7.

Our crowds are massive, we are the most watched sport per capita in the world.

Harry O

Juniors
People are amazingly thin skinned in the world today.

Remember when our Great Great Grand Fathers would go off and fight wars with very little food.

Come home and play Rugby League which was full of biff and bash in the day.

My Grand Father came across after WW2 as a ten-pound Pom and didn't have a cent to his name when he got to Australia.

No government payouts then. You had to make your own way.

He found a nice lady, worked 3 or 4 jobs a week, settled down and had a family.

My Father fought in Vietnam at the height of the battle.

He had to come home and reassess his life by himself and work very hard to achieve anything.

Now everyone is mentally ill.

The modern generation spend all their time on social media and other sites whinging and sooking.

But lets talk about the resurgence of Rugby League and the crowd numbers are almost at record high levels as everyone falls back in love with our great game.

I have talked about how Rugby League has taken over from Rugby Union and Fumbleball as the No 1 sport in Australasia.

And if you build it, they will come.

We are now seeing record levels of attendance at games across the nation.

It's true, people can't get enough of Rugby League.

I'm expecting full house signs to go up this round, like they have the last few rounds.

Everyone across this great nation of Australia and the great nation of New Zeeland is talking rugby league 24/7.

Our crowds are massive, we are the most watched sport per capita in the world.
Have you ever thought about writing a novel on Rugby League? You would make a killing mate

Penrith fan

Juniors
The history of Rugby League is the history of Australia.

They were playing Rugby League at Gallipoli.

They were playing Rugby League at Parliament House when the first government sat.

They were playing Rugby League during the breaks at the first Lords cricket test match.

They were playing Rugby League on the Papua New Guan islands when we held off the Japs.

The first thing Douglas Mccarthur got given when he came to Australia was a Rugby League ball.

Same as Bill Clinton.

You are, we are, Rugby League is Australia's heritage.

And as such it was only a matter of time till Crowd Numbers would go through the roof for Rugby League games.

Now we are seeing sold out stadiums -Everywhere!

Penrith fan

Juniors
Geez, Bazza that's a bit harsh.

To your point Harry O, I'm more a country and western singer than a novel writer.

Before Covid I was pretty big in the north of Napanee, and northeast of Belleville, near Beaver Lake. For those of you who are uninitiated in country areas, Beaver Lake flows into the Salmon River which runs through Tamworth and this flowing water runs the mills there.

I even played the Tamworth festival a couple of times.

Yes, I had a budding career going. But Covid stopped all that.

Some of you might know one of my most famous songs.

"Rugby League you gave me all the best years of my life!"

But enough about me, it's the Rugby League crowds we should be rejoicing.

The average attendance for 2024 is up 24.7 per cent increase on the corresponding period in 2023.

It is a magnificent performance by all Rugby League fans who love our game and love having a good time.

The crowds this weekend may push that percentage up higher.

All of them; true blue Aussies.

God bless you all. And God Bless this great country of ours, Australia.

may her rivers flow long and hard and her mountains peek high and proud.

It's the country in me that makes me believe that no matter what has happened and all the turmoil we have faced; Rugby League is going to save us all.

yakstorm

First Grade
Storm are letting kids go free in GA for Friday's match and planning a number of family friendly initiatives for the start of the school holidays.

Pre-sales have been positive though a long way behind their recent 20K+. I'd say 16-18K is the range for the game.

Latest posts