What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

There is no public holidays but that is where you can make other events.

No reason every club can't have 1 event game each
Yep, always thought Easts should have an event linked to pride week given our proximity to Oxford St, then have a laugh at a certain group of players who refuse to show up but pray for the rest of us. Put on a Drag Show at halftime to accelerate our journey into the gates of hell

Jordan23

Juniors
A
I don’t know.
Once you watch games at a great viewing stadium it’s very hard to go slum it at a cricket field type ground with horrible views.
It might be that even with eels doing well the fans refuse to go to stadium Australia or some of these other suburban grounds.
Totally agree.
Only bought tickets to yesterday games against the dogs because my kids forced me. After watching games at commbank, Accor is atrocious. Most of the people around me where watching the big screen

horrie hastings

First Grade
I'm so glad you posted this... Absolutely insane!!
We've never played at the new SFS and I actually went online to buy tickets for Dogs V Roosters then realised it's at Gosford! Moronic!

Last year when they took the Dogs game to Gosford the crowd nudged 19,000 which was only just about 1,000 off the ground capacity , at Allianz last year it would have been lucky to draw around 13,000 so it was a master stroke last year, but this year with the Dogs playing greatly improved football it definitely would have a drawn a bigger crowd at Allianz, probably around the 25,000 mark, probably the reason they decided to play this game in Gosford was because of it being State of Origin affected, but the Cowboys game was the same so that would have been the better fit for Gosford this year.

yakstorm

First Grade
Looking ahead, the Dolphins return match to Suncorp against the Storm already appears to be selling a lot stronger than their games against Newcastle & Manly. Whilst only a limited amount of tickets have been released, they are selling some general public tickets on Level 5 (which they didn't bother with those other two games), there is also more movement just around the ground in general.

Billythekid

First Grade
I'd argue Cowboys fans are averaging 1k more than Newcastle with a lower population and a team going rubbish
The knights home games have been very rain affected. The cowboys also currently sit above the knights on the ladder and frankly for the past 10 years or so have been pretty dogshit. With their 3 wooden spoons they’d have to be potentially the worst performing team over the last decade. The cowboys also have a brand new stadium to play out of.

Having said that the cowboys do a phenomenal job in terms of crowds and no one should take away from that.

Last year when they took the Dogs game to Gosford the crowd nudged 19,000 which was only just about 1,000 off the ground capacity , at Allianz last year it would have been lucky to draw around 13,000 so it was a master stroke last year, but this year with the Dogs playing greatly improved football it definitely would have a drawn a bigger crowd at Allianz, probably around the 25,000 mark, probably the reason they decided to play this game in Gosford was because of it being State of Origin affected, but the Cowboys game was the same so that would have been the better fit for Gosford this year.
We’ve hosted Titans at Gosford before as well. Should be between them or Cows when draw provides the opportunity.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
We’ve hosted Titans at Gosford before as well. Should be between them or Cows when draw provides the opportunity.
A roosters game will go close to a sellout at gosford whatever the team .. so choose your worst out of town team and go with that..

It should never be a Sydney side

It would nudge 30k at Allianz we need more big rivalry games at Allianz not less

Valheru

Coach
No all-Sydney games should be taken regionally...but more of the low-drawing interstate games could be.

Souths could easily have taken their home game against the Warriors to Gosford instead of the Tigers game.

Souths Tigers drew 21k last year for reference, and it was a freezing arvo from memory
I've said it multiple times before but I will say it again

Roosters, souths, Dragons and Wests to play each other twice a year every year at the SFS. Reciprocal membership rights for full season ticket holders where appropriate. Not ANZAC Day and not roosters/souths as they draw a paid close to sell out crowd in their own right. Obviously when there is no reciprocation then "away" members get an exclusive window for tickets.

That would mean in the case of the roosters (and souths when they make the move) they get 3 'away' games at the SFS which enables them to take more of the low drawing interstate teams elsewhere more often whilst still being able to offer 10-12 games at the SFS as part of a membership package

Latest posts