What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Suitman

Post Whore
Boy oh boy you’ve made up some rubbish there. Where on earth did you get 600 million for the stadium in Hobart ? It’s 250 million for a start. And what that had to do with us I’ll never know. Our ground is limited right now because of the development. Manly outdraws us because of capacity. Good on them but making that comparison is outright stupidity. We have a great club at the moment. The management of the club is excellent. As for Morrison. wtf has that to do with anything? The PM should not be throwing money at a ground just because he lives in the area. That’s graft and corruption. And whether anybody defends us is irrelevant. Why should we care? Try not to write so much utter shite in future. If you want that wanker Potter as a mate then enjoy his weekly whinge. You deserve him. Go sharks and you can GFY. Kind regards. Vlad

Are you denying that the new Hobart stadium that you vehemently are against (which your view I support btw) is going to cost less than a billion and that the Feds haven't committed $600 million to?
As for Morrison, it's not corruption, it the way the system works. Why are Penrith getting $300 million thrown at their stadium? Stuart Ayres anyone?

Frankly I’d rather have a club/team that is well run and does pretty well on the field, playing out of their own ground (even with limited capacity due to ongoing development works), than support a team that shits the bed but plays out of a nice shiny new stadium that someone else owns.

But hey, that’s just me…each to their own I guess

shewi6

Juniors
I guarantee if the Sharks were able to get to 16k capacity, the demand for tickets has created an attendance culture and they'll still sell it out every week. ET stand will get rebuilt in the next 10 years, guarantee it. 16k average long term would be a good result for a what is a relatively small pocket of Sydney. Passionate fans down in the Shire.
Delusion.
They have a 13k capacity right now and can't fill the joint every week.

Their entire season should have been sold out by round 1.

Suitman

Post Whore
Delusion.
They have a 13k capacity right now and can't fill the joint every week.

Their entire season should have been sold out by round 1.

Let's just compare the Sharks season with say, the Warriors.
Both teams have had a decent season on the field. Both teams have had up and down form.
Yet, the Sharks cannot sell out a 12 000 capacity dump week after week while the Warriors are pretty much selling out every game in a stadium that is not much better than the Sharks, yet it just has more capacity.
Warriors fans good and passionate.
Sharks - an embarrassment.

Generalzod

Immortal
Let's just compare the Sharks season with say, the Warriors.
Both teams have had a decent season on the field. Both teams have had up and down form.
Yet, the Sharks cannot sell out a 12 000 capacity dump week after week while the Warriors are pretty much selling out every game in a stadium that is not much better than the Sharks, yet it just has more capacity.
Warriors fans good and passionate.
Sharks - an embarrassment.
What you wrote just doesn’t make any sense…

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Suncorp looks like it will fill to 35-36k but I'll check back and edit at 20min mark

Edit: lower bowl not great, probably more like 33-34.5k.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Every game this year at the Sharks have been sellout, you can’t even buy a seat at the ground, believe me tried many times…

Ok.
I'll just have to take your word for that.
As for not being able to buy a seat, I can believe that as there actually isn't that many there to sell.

shewi6

Juniors
Ill take your word for it right lol
I follow these things closely because it interests me.
Cronulla has some of the cheapest tickets and the fewest to sell.

Fact is that a team with their recent history/form and goodwill behind them actually being successful off the field as well for the first time in their history should have been able to sell 12.5k season tickets.

The sellouts they have had this year have pretty much come the day of the game too.

The sharks were handed a golden opportunity/excuse to take some games to a brand new $1B SFS and expand their fanbase and get them used to attending event games in big numbers at a state of the art facility whilst still playing some games in their 'home ground'.

But in the end they really still do have the mindset of a small club that were lucky to have prime real estate gifted to them so long ago, yet when they were finally able to do something with it the developers had their way with them because they are a small minded club who were on the brink of bankruptcy at the time.

Hence the current situation with their 'stadium' that is now encircled by buildings and nothing can really be done to bring it up to standard anymore, let alone acceptable for the future.

Generalzod

Immortal
I follow these things closely because it interests me.
Cronulla has some of the cheapest tickets and the fewest to sell.

Fact is that a team with their recent history/form and goodwill behind them actually being successful off the field as well for the first time in their history should have been able to sell 12.5k season tickets.

The sellouts they have had this year have pretty much come the day of the game too.

The sharks were handed a golden opportunity/excuse to take some games to a brand new $1B SFS and expand their fanbase and get them used to attending event games in big numbers at a state of the art facility whilst still playing some games in their 'home ground'.

But in the end they really still do have the mindset of a small club that were lucky to have prime real estate gifted to them so long ago, yet when they were finally able to do something with it the developers had their way with them because they are a small minded club who were on the brink of bankruptcy at the time.

Hence the current situation with their 'stadium' that is now encircled by buildings and nothing can really be done to bring it up to standard anymore, let alone acceptable for the future.
Why Should the Sharks leave there home field to play 30km away?

Latest posts