What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

CAS

Juniors
Said it before, people want to be entertained, right now the footy on offer is excellent and folk want to see it live at the games and not just on TV. You will always get a few shit crowds, terrible weather and terrible teams with not much to play for, but even those near the bottom of the comp are still getting folk through the turnstiles, great going all round.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
What is wrong with the current model?

I like that RL plays games in regional areas and not just big, soulless Stadiums
I agree with this, although I'd love to see some grounds get upgrades and capacity increases, it is something unique to Rugby League that the pro clubs still play in their community

Iamback

Coach
I agree with this, although I'd love to see some grounds get upgrades and capacity increases, it is something unique to Rugby League that the pro clubs still play in their community

Hopefully that happens over time but the good thing about RL is kids from outside the big cities can make to the big league. Sure they can in other sports but usually involves moving to a capital.

So getting a community feel is part of that, which the smaller grounds give. Clubs don't lose money moving games to Coffs, Bathurst etc

Dark Corner

Juniors
Said it before, people want to be entertained, right now the footy on offer is excellent and folk want to see it live at the games and not just on TV. You will always get a few shit crowds, terrible weather and terrible teams with not much to play for, but even those near the bottom of the comp are still getting folk through the turnstiles, great going all round.
Yet some fans are blaming as one twitter said Putrid refs....compared to Super League and Union I'm loving the NRL.

DIOGENES

Juniors
LU numbers
After 26 rounds
2024 aggregate (196 games): 3,796,514
Match average 19,370

Could we get 203,486 for round 27 to break 4 million in regular competition?
yeah, nah

DIOGENES

Juniors
If we count Vegas and Magic Round as 4 events rather than 10 games the denominator is 190 and current average per event is 19,981 - a season average of >20k probable

Gobsmacked

Bench
If we count Vegas and Magic Round as 4 events rather than 10 games the denominator is 190 and current average per event is 19,981 - a season average of >20k probable
We could also double our average if we count everyone twice...unfortunately that's not how counting works.

DIOGENES

Juniors
But I think there should be consistency- if we don’t double count the crowds at magic round, we should use a denominator of 3 rather than 8

Valheru

Coach
22,275 regular season average for roosters at SFS this season.

Great effort in a year where we didn't host ANZAC Day.