What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Canterbury vs Manly next week will be huge and Melbourne will have freedom for the first time since round 1 with no AFL games in town
I get that AAMI park is their home but geez you'd be tempted to try and go all out and pull 50k to Docklands or the MCG. Surely the boost a huge Victorian crowd gives offsets not playing at their usual ground.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Docklands is a fumbler ground and you are too far from the action. Melbourne needs a 50000 capacity rectangular stadium.
I agree, I hate that Docklands is the next best option for the storm to pull bigger crowds.

Surely a city the size of Melbourne can justify at least a 50k rectangular stadium.

Storm finals, more Socceroos games, more Wallabies games (only All Blacks games can justify the MCG).

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I get that AAMI park is their home but geez you'd be tempted to try and go all out and pull 50k to Docklands or the MCG. Surely the boost a huge Victorian crowd gives offsets not playing at their usual ground.
For a preliminary final yes I'd like to see them try it. They got 33K to a prelim against Parra at Docklands in 2007. It would be interesting to see how much they'd get now.

Week 1 30K is sufficient.

Valheru

Coach
I doubt they get permitted access to the MCG

I think that docklands should be their venue for prelims though.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I know if Parramatta played either, it,s big. The doggies are prob the same in regards yet not as big as the eels. Yet in my 52 years, manly has heaps of supporters all over including family.

Vlad59

Bench
For the Storm to grow its crowds it needs a dedicated stadium holding 50000 to share with football and union. Renting an inappropriate ground from the fumblers is the worst possible alternative but there you go.

Billythekid

First Grade
Now that’s a f**king crowd! The Hunter deserves a bigger better stadium and I hope the knights packing it out regularly pushes the issue. Everyone likes to talk about Sydney stadiums but Newcastle deserves an upgrade before any of those suburban grounds IMO.
For the Storm to grow its crowds it needs a dedicated stadium holding 50000 to share with football and union. Renting an inappropriate ground from the fumblers is the worst possible alternative but there you go.
Eh a 50K stadium might be nice for big events and finals but for the regular season AAMI park is perfect. I wish capacity was a little higher but it’s not that bad.
It looks and sounds f**king amazing at the ground and on TV.