What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 FW1 Fri - Penrith v Sydney @ BlueBet

Finals Week 1: Penrith v Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

• Sydney Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fangs

Coach
I would suggest an express train Roosters fans.

Unless you prefer the all stations (The scenic route). Some beautiful suburbs to explore like Werrington, Mt Druitt and Rooty Hill.

Munky

Coach
I would suggest an express train Roosters fans.

Unless you prefer the all stations (The scenic route). Some beautiful suburbs to explore like Werrington, Mt Druitt and Rooty Hill.

Keep them off the Mountains trains.

Enough of the f**kers have abandoned their mould stained studio apartments for a green change.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Things we know will happen tonight…..

- Tago will rush out of the line and get no one for the Roosters to score.
- Mitch Kenny will give away the dumbest penalty or repeat set on the 5th tackle.
- Liam Martin will drop the ball.
- Teddy will slip over
- regardless of a win, a loss or a draw and Karen Robinson will whinge about something in the press conference
- if one team has a decent lead in the second half Klein will do everything in his power to manage the other team back into the game.
- if Cooper Cronk does the pre game he will mention the word systems about 25 times when talking about Penrith.

I am sure I have missed a few.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Penrith have looked a shell of their former selves the last few weeks, however with Nathan back and the new comp starting I expect them to flick a switch. Shame for Easts losing Walker and Radley, Im not sure they'd win regardless but would make this fixture a lot more interesting.

Panthers by 14.

soc123_au

Staff member
With any luck this game results in a 1-0 win to I don't care who after the 80th minute of extra time.
The loser of this will curb stomp the Cows without breaking a sweat. But don't you guys play the loser of the Storm v Sharks game? We will assume for the sake of the discussion that you belt Newcastle.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
The Panthers have been in cruise control all season. Occasionally they have gone into overdrive but only when necessary. When you’ve won 3 titles in a row you need extra incentive to put the foot to the floor and this extra incentive comes in the form of the finals. Most of their losses have been close with depleted teams and without luck .

I suspect Ivan was only playing Dylan Edwards on one leg to ensure a top 4 finish. The only thing that could have curtailed the Panthers’ tilt for 4 in a row was missing out on the top 4 . Four sudden death wins in a row from outside the top 4 might have been a bridge too far even for Penrith .

Isaah Yeo has had an outstanding year with his post contact metres and defence and Jerome Luai is in career best form. Alamoti in defence can be a weak link though and Turuva can be suspect under the high ball.

As far as the Roosters are concerned no Sam Walker equals no X factor equals no premiership. I feel sorry for Walker. Made a scapegoat last year by Robbo for the Roosters’ lacklustre form , banished to reserves where he sustained a partially torn ACL, then reinstated when Robbo realised he wasn’t the cause of the problem. Then the partial tear turns into a complete one .

The Roosters defence has been porous for most of the year. They lack a bit of size without JWH . The form of Crichton and May has tapered off. The only “go to “ play I see for the Roosters is a Keary cross field kick for Young v To’o . There can only be one winner there.

So the Krispy Kremes will be flowing tonight . The Panthers by 14.