What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-6 Melbourne @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wb1234

Immortal
All this sooking

Penrith as usual dominated possession

Hughes had his worst game of the year

They played their grand final last week

They will be better for the loss next year

Brilliant game from the whole team. Similar to 2021 (but for different reasons); just did enough to win the game playing within ourselves.

Ivan’s game plan a master-stroke. That first half tired out the Storm’s middle so much that they couldn’t offer much in the second half.

Back five were brilliant; expect that from Edwards and the wingers but Tago has been under pressure this year and Alamoti’s first GF.

Yeo and Martin were both brilliant. One of them or Alimoti would have been my picks for CCM, so glad Martin got it.

Munky

Coach
Brilliant game from the whole team. Similar to 2021 (but for different reasons); just did enough to win the game playing within ourselves.

Ivan’s game plan a master-stroke. That first half tired out the Storm’s middle so much that they couldn’t offer much in the second half.

Back five were brilliant; expect that from Edwards and the wingers but Tago has been under pressure this year and Alamoti’s first GF.

Yeo and Martin were both brilliant. One of them or Alimoti would have been my picks for CCM, so glad Martin got it.

Penrith IMO played the 2022 GF game plan.

Just that Melbourne 2024 are a better side than Parra 2022 and had some amazing scramble rather than rolling over.

When Penrith have been able to grind Harry has always been the target. Last year Spencer left stud marks all over him in the prelim. I know he's the captain but Bellamy really f**ked up letting him be on the field to make that many tackles.

Wishart coming on so early was also a weird move.

soc123_au

Staff member
I love you buddy but nothing in this post is correct.

Panthers back 3 and forwards were the difference not Ivan.
They executed it perfectly. The plan seemed to be to go harder at Harry than SLR and it got it done.

Cant believe I got to witness something like this really. I'd rate it higher than my first root. This has also lasted somewhat longer than that did to be fair.

Exsilium

Coach
Why can’t we just enjoy seeing such a historical moment in the sport?

I was okay with losing but both sides are the best of this modern era. Hands down.

Latest posts