What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF - Sun 6 Oct - Melbourne v Penrith @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

• Penrith Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fangs

Coach
Bad guys vs good guys.

Melbourne the more consistent side of 2024 but Penrith are the greatest team most bed wetting shit posters on LU have ever seen. So they don't really even know what to make of it all. I would suggest that you soak it up.

Penrith's experience and gears to get them home. They can win this football game from any situation. Careful not to toot your horn too early if they let the Storm out to a lead.

For the good of the game.

Iamback

Coach
Bad guys vs good guys.

Melbourne the more consistent side of 2024 but Penrith are the greatest team most bed wetting shit posters on LU have ever seen. So they don't really even know what to make of it all. I would suggest that you soak it up.

Penrith's experience and gears to get them home. They can win this football game from any situation. Careful not to toot your horn too early if they let the Storm out to a lead.

For the good of the game.

Us win and no Storm in the top 8 next year as with others we beat is good for RL

King hit

Coach
This reminds me of the Eels/Panthers 2022 GF,Eels won the two regular season meetings against Penrith but got flogged in the GF.

Storm have won the 2 regular season meetings against Penrith this year but i expect them to lose the big one like Parra.
The games they won was the gimmie first round and one where Cleary didn’t play

edit: just took a look he actually did. Thought that game happened when he was out

Black Panther

Juniors
If NAS gets off and plays from a grade 3 charge, it would be the biggest joke from the NRL era.
Even last night was inconsistent. No sin bins for Rudolf trip or the late shot on Luai. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

DIOGENES

Juniors
The games they won was the gimmie first round and one where Cleary didn’t play

edit: just took a look he actually did. Thought that game happened when he was out
Cleary missed a sitter of a conversion before he came off and Storm still only won by 2. (Edwards attempting a 2 point field goal in the last play was amusing)

Last edited:
Best two teams are in the GF, should be a cracker.

Penrith to go 4 straight imo.

Its now only 1 5-8 side side making the GF in over a decade.... Top 4 is so vital in the NRL.

Scootsie

Juniors
Yes it should have been a send off - takes out Collins in first tackle - appalling sportsmanship and look for NRL. At the same time, why weren’t they reduced to 11 after the professional foul 2 minutes later?
I’ll leave it to the experts and its going to be interesting to see what happens. But yes, if it’s worth 5 weeks then the experts have already deemed It probably should’ve been a sendoff.
I agree that the professional foul should’ve earned a sin bin. The week before it was Trindall who got a penalty try for the Sharks, in Almost the same position.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
You're right, fixed. He was at Storm in 2018 but didn't play, Tigers 2020.

The 4th is Christian Welch who I forgot about given he's playing < 10 minutes. Was there for 2016, 2018, 2020 (injured 2017).
The Tigers could have had some side: Paps , Addo Carr, Tedesco , Moses , Grant . Would have needed some more forwards though. As Gus would say”Can’t keep them all” .

I almost mentioned Brooks and Woods but thought better of it. Besides Brooks got a free barbecue out of it anyway .

Fangs

Coach
My early prediction is that Liam Martin is going to send Jack Howarth back to the stone age.

When Howarth runs the ball he just looks like he is ready to be absolutely f**king rocked by someone. Martin didn't play in round 24 but he will be there next week.

Scootsie

Juniors
A lot of ‘us’ and ‘we’ being bandied about here. Didn’t realise we had so many Panthers and Storm ex-players on this forum.

moffla

Bench
Cleary missed a sitter of a conversion before he came off and Storm still only won by 2. (Edwards attempting a 2 point field goal in the last play was amusin)
Storm also had a player in the bin and came out on top during that period.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Two best teams all year deserve to be in a GF.

For Bellamy, it would be a great achievement to win one without the "big 3" involved. If Bellamy succeeds against Penrith, he should get a statue outside of AAMI Park.

As for Penrith, a four peat may well be historic. The last time a team tried to achieve four in a row was Parramatta back in '84, but fell short against Canterbury. The last time a team won four in a row was the St.George Dragons back in 1959, 65 years ago.

Fangs

Coach
Storm also had a player in the bin and came out on top during that period.

They did win that period. They slowed it down enough and even scored points with 12 men. It was poorly handled by Penrith.

They'll play out that scenario in training again this week.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
The best defensive team will win and that’s Penrith. No other team can out grind Penrith over 80 minutes. Not that they need it , but they have the extra motivation of three players leaving after this match in JFH , Luai and Turuva .

This Year?

Immortal
I'm going to wait until after that amateur award ceremony on Wednesday night before making any bald predictions.
A huge congratulations to both clubs for getting to yet another grand final.