What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Grand final Panthers vs Storm

Should I make an early prediction?

• Total voters

Sime_11

Juniors
ive been saying to family and close panther fans that if we got Melbourne in the GF - it would be 3rd time lucky this year.

i feel both games we lost to them we haven't had our best performances - so i just hope we have saved the best till last for 2024.

1. hopefully a dry track next week
2. Sorro has to play off the bench - sorry to Eisenhuth - he'd plod but he's done his job this year - actually deserves a ring. Just hoping that Martin & Garner dont go down with HIA in the first half.
3. NAS outcome really affects the Storm this week - he was brutal when he came back from that sin bin. He will be hard to contain, dont underestimate King & Loiero - they will handle our forward pack defensively.
4. Hughes will be key to pressure heavily, beware Munster - he's not what he was 5 years ago, but he can be such a big game player.
5. Believe - as uncomfortable as it was at times last night, Nathan just did Nathan things - he will keep us in the game even if we are down.

That said - id love to reverse 2020 and be up 22-0 at HT - because i cant see Storm pulling a comeback like we did if its required.

I am liking what Ivan did in the press conference talking about the obstruction. Drawing attention to diving and putting pressure on the officials is smart this week, particularly with Hughes in the other team who is the best at getting himself questionable obstruction calls.

If it was Wayne that did this, we would all be waxing lyrical about how he is the master manipulator. Of course, Wayne would ring up his puppet Creepy Crawly and have him dedicate an entire section of NRL360 to replaying on loop the times Hughes has dived.

Does Ivan have anyone in the media he can influence in this way?

maple_69

Bench
Nah but Ivan is just a good coach. He’ll probably have Luai and Nath hitting the decoy all night now that the halves are on notice about their cynical defensive decisions.

Latest posts