What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

The Great Dane

First Grade
Why do you care, you're a bears fan anyways,
tehe
Yeah your right, they'll say the asked the state of ACT, but really just asked a few locals at the pub, and called it thousands... just like the bears 200,000
That'd probably give you a better representation of the opinions of the average local and RL fan in the region than what they actually do lol.

They survey members with questions weighted towards the answers they want to hear, and there're small groups of fans, generally those that pay for the most expensive memberships, private boxes, and sponsors, that are closer to the club and insiders whom have a far outsized impact on the club's decisions and direction. That group of fans are generally older and far richer than the rest of the fanbase, and totally out of touch with the general fanbase's, and particularly younger fans, wants, needs, and opinions broadly speaking.

That's pretty much the whole reason why the average Raiders crowd is all silver hair and preadolescent kids, and why the club is totally incapable of moving past events that happened 30 years ago.

Frailty

First Grade
"We wanted something a lot cleaner in terms of colour palette, and to trial sponsor logos in mono," Raiders chief operating officer Jason Mathie said. "For the fans there was also a lot of commentary on social media and on game day saying they wanted a predominantly green jersey.

They wanted a 'cleaner colour palette' yet have a jersey with a gradient green design with shading, where the home is simple colours.

The fans wanted a predominantly green jersey... The home is predominantly green.

I guess it's probably not a good look for them to say "hey, we just want to get more revenue from merch" but come on...

yakstorm

First Grade
Jim Beam comes onboard as lower back sponsor on the NSW Blues.
jbboys.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
More freakin' red on the NSW kit.
Green on there was the bane of NSW supporters for several years (NIB, VB), but now red is all too dominant a colour for sponsors.

Oh how I long for the days of hardly any sponsors on rep jerseys. Just a small logo on the sleeves and/or on/around the chest logos.
Early-mid '90s NSW kit is my favourite of them all.

MugaB

Coach
More freakin' red on the NSW kit.
Green on there was the bane of NSW supporters for several years (NIB, VB), but now red is all too dominant a colour for sponsors.

Oh how I long for the days of hardly any sponsors on rep jerseys. Just a small logo on the sleeves and/or on/around the chest logos.
Early-mid '90s NSW kit is my favourite of them all.
I don't really mind the red, as the old logo used to have the red footballon the top, as long as its minimum its fine.. better than the green as you mentioned

yakstorm

First Grade
Surely by now teams should only be allowed to count NRL premierships and not titles won in a different competition.
But why? It's in essence the same competition as the NSWRFL in 1908.

The NFL and clubs still count titles won before the NFL-AFL merger and the first Super Bowl, and same with the NBA and their clubs, despite the ABA merger or that it was called the BAA.

A one season blip is nothing compared to the splits some leagues have gone through and yet still claim continuity.

Latest posts