What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

Nuke

Staff member
Looking at the logo in the background, I'd guess this jersey will be some kind of throwback to the 2001 era Parra jersey.

This one:
images.jpeg

sempmrh

Juniors
If it weren’t for that collar they could have moved the V up to make it more faithful to the original.

I’ve always liked that older Eels logo.

yakstorm

First Grade
I get that no throwback is ever identical to the original and some are more tributes to (like the ISC Broncos diamonds kit), but I'm not a fan of Macron's attempt for the Eels.

The key element of the original was the deep V, so I don't know why what they've put out is so shallow.

2024_retro_jersey_1_1000x1344_8ed9642d-45b9-4861-a9d0-a683e105a97f.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
Coincidence that Parra bring back the 2001 look three same year Newcastle revert to their 2001 jersey?

Up the Knights..!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Having a look at the 2001 jersey posted earlier and the one just released, you would think someone wore better glasses when they designed this.

1711367621072.png1711367673149.png

You see the white lines match up in the 2001 one and the V is higher up close to the collar.

I dont know what the heck theyve done to this year's one.

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

MugaB

Coach
Having a look at the 2001 jersey posted earlier and the one just released, you would think someone wore better glasses when they designed this.

View attachment 85657View attachment 85658

You see the white lines match up in the 2001 one and the V is higher up close to the collar.

I dont know what the heck theyve done to this year's one.

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF
Besides the shit collar, of which is more about making it look like some trendy polo (than a jersey collar) i actually dont mind the lowered design, EXCEPT, the original has the white trim higher for the separation, which means they are once again shorting us good folk of more GOLD!!@!!!@@!@!!!!
And being the NRL every fkin club whats more BLUE involved...FFS... shame on you Parramatta!!! You are squandering your GOLD!!!! Bring me more gold ffs