What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

Matiunz

Juniors
As I have made patently clear in my posts in recent days, playing kit is more than just a jersey. The combination of white piping on the Broncos jersey, with both teams then wearing similar shorts and socks, meant there was a lot of white. It could have been better. It's ok to say that. It doesn't require some weird defence
Was always curious how well Away jerseys actually sold, even though they’re worn similar amounts these days the home is still often seen as the ‘real’ jersey.
Despite all that away team needs to provide a contrasting jersey

yakstorm

First Grade
What a redundant theme/ round. The badge and jersey already represents the community - or so you'd think...

This is just an excuse for another jersey, and a rip-off of their late 90's one at that.
Manly have a long term deal with URM (who have been a partner of the club since 1997) which allows them to have one home game a year where they are in the primary sponsor position. As any jersey change, whether that is change of sponsor, design or what not, counts towards the total number of jersey variations the club is entitled to, the two parties have decided to use it as an opportunity to mix up the design.

This isn't a new thing, as @Timmah pointed out earlier, the Community Day concept has been going for quite a while now, with I think 2016 being the first (photo below).

manly-celeb-16073116.jpg

Latest posts