What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 NRL GRAND FINAL: Penrith v Melbourne Oct 6th

TheParraboy

Staff member
Parra have Gutho, Brown, Moses , RCG, Paulo all on massive coin. Not sure where else they are wasting money, but they seem to be over paying somewhat on those blokes.

Then you see Penrith either losing players to teams paying overs for them or simply have to shed to manage the cap.

wasting money ?

Can add
Matterson is on 600+
Sivo 500+
Lane 450+

Hopefully in 2025 they are playing regularly and Ryles gets them playing consistently (good). They all have proven they can do this, but last 24 months they have regressed..

What happened to you?
You used to joke around and take the piss. Now you've turned all serious..Did your balls drop? I'm still waiting for mine

He has had a Gutful

I don’t think Cleary is in the top 2 coaches running around.

If coaching was the only factor Bennett would have coached teams to more premierships in the last 10 years.
No-one's saying coaching is the only factor - just that it's likely the decisive factor - at least more than "resources" and "luck - in the question being considered.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No-one's saying coaching is the only factor - just that it's likely the decisive factor - at least more than "resources" and "luck - in the question being considered.
I think coaching is a factor in the same way that club management, recruitment pathways, playing group talent and club leadership is. Collectively they are the resources that a club has available at their disposal.

Jack Gibson always said that “winning starts in the front office”. I’m inclined to believe him that this is more of a factor than the coach, who only controls so much.

We are one of the best examples that proves his point. Shitloads of coaches since 1986 and no premiership. Maybe if we were a better managed club, with better recruitment, better development pathways and better salary cap management we might have jagged a premiership. We might have even jagged a better coach?

Agree about luck being less relevant. All clubs have good and bad luck with injuries, shit refereeing decisions etc.

King-Gutho94

Coach
wasting money ?

Can add
Matterson is on 600+
Sivo 500+
Lane 450+

Hopefully in 2025 they are playing regularly and Ryles gets them playing consistently (good). They all have proven they can do this, but last 24 months they have regressed..
Matterson is on ridiculous money for a bloke that averages 18 games a season since arriving and that figure has been topped up by playing half a dozen finals since he arrived.

He basically averages missing a quarter of the season per year.

Latest posts