What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 NRL GRAND FINAL: Penrith v Melbourne Oct 6th

Suitman

Post Whore
The GF still hasn't been announced as sold out.
A sad indictment on Panthers fans primarily.
The Eels could win 10 in a row and it would easily sell out every year.
Are Panthers fans becoming complacent with their ongoing success?

JokerEel

Coach
The GF still hasn't been announced as sold out.
A sad indictment on Panthers fans primarily.
The Eels could win 10 in a row and it would easily sell out every year.
Are Panthers fans becoming complacent with their ongoing success?

A majority of Panther fans only stared supporting them in 2021..

We had a shit season this year and will sell out our first home game in 2025 we just have a better supporter base..

JokerEel

Coach
Good game so far Jets have looked like they were going to kick away a few times but mistakes have helped the Devils..

On a side note the Sharks don't develop players any more seem to go shopping in the Panther/Wests backyard..

Suitman

Post Whore
A majority of Panther fans only stared supporting them in 2021..

We had a shit season this year and will sell out our first home game in 2025 we just have a better supporter base..

And that was sort of my point.
Not only us, but Bulldogs, Dragons Tigers, Rabbitohs and Dragons as well.
Any of these teams would have sold the game out earlier in the week.
There's still tickets available as we speak and that's embarrassing for the Panthers.
I certainly don't blame the Storm.

T.S Quint

Coach
There's still tickets available as we speak and that's embarrassing for the Panthers.

Remember how hard it was to tickets to the 2022 grand final?
I was so lucky I bought them two weeks before. I knew people who missed out on going because they were sold out.

JokerEel

Coach

It's terrible for Penrith going for a historic 4 titles in a row imagine being at the GF if they do that!

Suitman

Post Whore
I just heard Peter VL and Andrew Abdo interviewed on Triple M.

Seriously, as League fans, we are so lucky to have these two blokes running our game at the moment. Very impressive.

JokerEel

Coach
I just heard Peter VL and Andrew Abdo interviewed on Triple M.

Seriously, as League fans, we are so lucky to have these two blokes running our game at the moment. Very impressive.

Guys with an actual vision to grow the game.

Who ever it is.. they need to put 10 year contracts in front of both of them..

Suitman

Post Whore
Light years ahead of imbeciles like Gallop and Greenberg.

Seriously, this statement is so true.

A few takes on the interview.

- VL's said that there has been a delay in announcing expansion due to the fact that all the bids didn't meet expectation. He appears to be expecting more from them. Said the best bid came from PNG.
- Also said that Vegas games next year will be on FTA, as opposed to just Fox Sports. The games now have a reach of over 200 million American households. That is huge!
- His focus as well atm is on the International schedule. Says it is a huge untapped market and he plans to reinvigorate it bigtime. (My guess is that he wants to strike at Rugby Union while they are down and focus on the Pacific Islands. Maybe even NZ.) He mentioned that AUS vs GB tests should be bigger as well.
- He was open to the idea that a suspension (like NAS) might be unfair to miss a GF and would look at making changes. This was after a very fair question from Tallis.
- He heaped praise on Abdo and what an amazing job he is doing with the financial side of the NRL. We now have over $200 million in the bank and all the assets with other investments like hotels. This was after the NRL had virtually nothing in the bank during Covid just 2 years ago.
- Abdo is really pushing the NRLW and is proud it will be a 12 team comp next year, up from 10.
- Nothing was said about the Red Bull sponsorship, but that is a huge coup.

Seriously, if these two could at least stay for another 10 years, the game would be set up for life.

It was such a feel good interview, and none of it was bullshit spin.

Gronk

Staff member
Good game so far Jets have looked like they were going to kick away a few times but mistakes have helped the Devils..

On a side note the Sharks don't develop players any more seem to go shopping in the Panther/Wests backyard..
How did the Eels lad go ? Do we assume that's a wrap for him at 32 ? Nice way to go out.

Suitman

Post Whore
Light years ahead of imbeciles like Gallop and Greenberg.

Don't start me on Gallop.
Not only was he f**king useless with the NRL, but he was also the major instigator for a downturn in the A-League.
It was flying when he became leader and was a shambles when he left.

JokerEel

Coach
How did the Eels lad go ? Do we assume that's a wrap for him at 32 ? Nice way to go out.

Gagan? Won a National Comp let's leave it at that 😂

On a side note this game is why we need to bring back the national under 21s GF to today and piss this retirement game off...