What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 NRL GRAND FINAL: Penrith v Melbourne Oct 6th

T.S Quint

Coach
And that was sort of my point.
Not only us, but Bulldogs, Dragons Tigers, Rabbitohs and Dragons as well.
Any of these teams would have sold the game out earlier in the week.
There's still tickets available as we speak and that's embarrassing for the Panthers.
I certainly don't blame the Storm.

I’m sitting in a pub in Balmain watching the game.
There’s about 20 people here with Panthers jerseys on. Some Storm supporters as well. Makes me wonder why they aren’t at the game. They may be going later on maybe, but it looks like they are settled in for a while.

I can’t imagine not going to the game if Parra is playing in it (if I have the opportunity to of course). But then I’m the kind of bloke who talks shit on an online footy forum, so…..

JokerEel

Coach
Don't start me on Gallop.
Not only was he f**king useless with the NRL, but he was also the major instigator for a downturn in the A-League.
It was flying when he became leader and was a shambles when he left.

On the A league I agree every since he was in charge they have gone backwards..

He was always a yes man to the TV bosses

Suitman

Post Whore
Gallop wasn’t good.
Problem was replacing him with a scumbag like Greenberg.

I think PVL is a slime ball and haven’t agreed with everything he has done, but I can see that he at least can get shit done.

He has RL at heart mate, and he hates AFL and Victorians.
He's alright by me.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
If they changed the rules it has to be something like if they have a one week suspension that will see you miss a GF then you can play in the GF but you miss the first 6 weeks of the next season.
If you have a two week suspension then you miss 12 weeks next year. And so on.

If you’ve announced your retirement already then bad luck. You miss the GF.

People keep saying that a GF is worth more than a regular game, so then they should get punished accordingly. I wonder if the Storm would choose to have NAS play today or have him miss most of the season next year. Would be interesting to see.
What if the player is joining a new club the following season?

Suitman

Post Whore
On the A league I agree every since he was in charge they have gone backwards..

He was always a yes man to the TV bosses

Exactly. Bowed down to TV Bosses and always wanted to make the game family friendly.
Well, despite the flares etc.... the game actually was family friendly. The kids loved them and the alternative atmosphere that football offered to what they were used to with League and that other abortion of a sport down south.
He just never understood that football was different, and that even families loved the different atmosphere it provided. Even flares and the incredible active support.
He solely sucked the atmosphere out of the A-League to keep the media happy and tried to convert it to happy clappy Aussie fan support. Clap Clap clap.
It's no wonder that there were so many fan protests during his time as the boss.

Suitman

Post Whore
The war of words between NRL/AFL/Rugby I can do without.

Let them be the bitter ones. We can take the high road.

I agree.
Sure, V'Landys takes the high road at times, but it's actually not a bad thing that he is fighting the good fight for RL atm. Just like he is doing for NSW Racing.
How long should we as a state just let the Mexican's continually walk over us?
Peter VL has taken up the fight.
Good on him.

T.S Quint

Coach
I agree.
Sure, V'Landys takes the high road at times, but it's actually not a bad thing that he is fighting the good fight for RL atm. Just like he is doing for NSW Racing.
How long should we as a state just let the Mexican's continually walk over us?
Peter VL has taken up the fight.
Good on him.

I still think he’s a slime ball though, lol.

But at least he’s OUR slimeball.

Suitman

Post Whore
I still think he’s a slime ball though, lol.

Why?
Slimeball is the least way I would describe him. That's a derogative term which I do not think he deserves.
Intense, intelligent, passionate and progressive would be far better descriptions in my mind.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I can't believe all the GF teams including the NRLW ones have got a team
bus to a GF.

Are they kidding or what don't they know how to prepare for a grand final on game day.

Is to drive your own way there through traffic to homebush & park your car in the carpark.

It's not rocket science.

T.S Quint

Coach
Why?
Slimeball is the least way I would describe him. That's a derogative term which I do not think he deserves.
Intense, intelligent, passionate and progressive would be far better descriptions in my mind.

Just gives me that vibe.

Latest posts