What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 NRL GRAND FINAL: Penrith v Melbourne Oct 6th

King-Gutho94

Coach
Thats a great story and respect for getting them tickets.

And you are right about the 80's. I grew up in Penrith and had just turned 10 a few months before the 81 GF. Most of the kids at School were Parra supporters, I nearly joined them until Mum intervened (another story) Quite a few of them I still have contact with are still Parra fans along with their kids. Those still in the area will most likely lose the Grandkids to the Panthers. A decent period of sustained success is gold, but can take a while to fully see the payoff.
In a way Penrith have been a sleeping giant for so long. And have turned themselves into a super club.

The so called little brother of not only Parramatta but the big 4 Western Sydney clubs.

Parramatta and the Bulldogs will always dominate a large part of western Sydney. There rivalry from the 1980s will live on forever.

The Tigers have a lot fans but atm are a basketcase that are all hidden away.

If the Tigers did get there act together eventually there potential is massive.

Because I now see Penrith in 20-25 years time joining the big boys when it comes to fan representation.

And the best thing is no matter what the fumbleball keep spending to grow the game in western Sydney.

Penrith have basically shut the door on it with this run of success if there was any hope anyway.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yep, most of my mates who are Eels fans have kids who are now Storm, Penrith and Sharks fans. It's failed parenting imo. Your mum knew how to raise a child.
Yeah I thank my parents every day for brainwashing me early on and making me endure a lifetime of punishment supporting this mob.

25 years on

I have seen 3 GFs losses and 3 wooden spoons.

How good is Rugby League.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah I thank my parents every day for brainwashing me early on and making me endure a lifetime of punishment supporting this mob.

25 years on

I have seen 3 GFs losses and 3 wooden spoons.

How good is Rugby League.
It’s always a bit cringe to meet Roosters fans, or Broncos/Storm fans who aren’t from Brisbane or Melbourne. You know you’ve met a bandwagoner. Are Penrith fans now in this category? Following a shit team is cool. It demonstrates character. In movies the teams that win all the time are the villains ffs, except for the Griffindor quidditch team for some reason.

Or you could just stop feeling like you have a need to reply or post an emoji to E.V.E.R.Y. single one of his posts or anyone elses that challenges what he says.
Thanks for that attempted mansplaining (a couple of days late) of the possible approaches I've already considered that I could take.
Seriously, you need to get a new hobby dude. IMO you are actually worse than Pou who at least attempts to discuss football.
Again, thanks for your opinion, it's really... valued?

King-Gutho94

Coach
It’s always a bit cringe to meet Roosters fans, or Broncos/Storm fans who aren’t from Brisbane or Melbourne. You know you’ve met a bandwagoner. Are Penrith fans now in this category? Following a shit team is cool. It demonstrates character. In movies the teams that win all the time are the villains ffs, except for the Griffindor quidditch team for some reason.
I am more of a Hufflepuff fan myself.

We never win or ever lose.

Just one of good guys that goes about there work without any fuss.

Parra Pride

Referee
Thats a great story and respect for getting them tickets.

And you are right about the 80's. I grew up in Penrith and had just turned 10 a few months before the 81 GF. Most of the kids at School were Parra supporters, I nearly joined them until Mum intervened (another story) Quite a few of them I still have contact with are still Parra fans along with their kids. Those still in the area will most likely lose the Grandkids to the Panthers. A decent period of sustained success is gold, but can take a while to fully see the payoff.
I’m 32 and grew up an Eels fan, all I’ve ever known is pain and suffering and I question my life choices to this day.