What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin I - Wed 5 Jun - NSW 10-38 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Queensland

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I love how when NSW lose it's because they didn't select the right players. It's never because Queensland were better on the night. It's all down to dud selections. The people who wank on about the wrong team being selected are the first to say Queenslanders are dumb.

It begs the question.

If New South Welshmen are so smart, why are their selectors so much dumber than the ones from Queensland?
That was QLDs worst performance in years, NSW biggest winning margin should have been blown away

Saxon

Bench
They could have wiped Suaalii with a 12-week suspension or something as punishment.
And how the hell does that benefit QLD when they lose their fullback?
NSW obviously went in with a plan to try and rattle up Walsh. They rolled the dice and lost.

As a Queenslander, I don't give a flying f**k if you, or any other New South Welshman enjoyed the game. If McGuire was a coaches asshole, he could have tried to adapt his game plan to defend with 12.
A clever coach could have defended with the fullback (you know the one that they had who wasn't illegally knocked out of the game) up in the line.*

* A really clever one could have relied on their super fast winger Addo Carr to get back and cut off any deep kicks. Or Burton's massive boot to keep turning the Maroons around. But you select who you select and Madge didn't have a team that could deal with that scenario.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
NSW obviously went in with a plan to try and rattle up Walsh. They rolled the dice and lost.
Madge in the press conference discussing the May hit on Walsh in round 3 that fractured his cheekbone and there not being a binning sums it all up really. They felt that they could take him out and at worst they'd get someone thrown in the bin or a penalty. It was such an obvious plan.

some11

Referee
Madge in the press conference discussing the May hit on Walsh in round 3 that fractured his cheekbone and there not being a binning sums it all up really. They felt that they could take him out and at worst they'd get someone thrown in the bin or a penalty. It was such an obvious plan.
That being said I enjoyed maguires short statement this morning covering his arse saying that's preposterous.

What a dunce lmao. Slater dunked on him having Cobbo ready to go.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
That being said I enjoyed maguires short statement this morning covering his arse saying that's preposterous.

What a dunce lmao. Slater dunked on him having Cobbo ready to go.
What about when he said “we prepared for absolutely every scenario” then literally 15 seconds later “we didn’t prepare for that” lol

As a Queenslander, I don't give a flying f**k if you, or any other New South Welshman enjoyed the game. If McGuire was a coaches asshole, he could have tried to adapt his game plan to defend with 12.
A clever coach could have defended with the fullback (you know the one that they had who wasn't illegally knocked out of the game) up in the line.*

* A really clever one could have relied on their super fast winger Addo Carr to get back and cut off any deep kicks. Or Burton's massive boot to keep turning the Maroons around. But you select who you select and Madge didn't have a team that could deal with that scenario.
Have to admit, I didn’t consider that and puts things into perspective. You‘re right. I was just thinking of the game (with its gradually declining ratings) as a spectacle

Chins get the wins

First Grade
That was a headclash sweetie. I'm the world's biggest May hater but it's not comparable

Parra Pride

Referee

You had me until you suggested the fraud Burton’s one trick bomb could’ve been the solution.

Eelctrifying

Juniors

Well, my point was many diehard QLD supporters I had around me didn't enjoy the game. 12vs13 for 70 mins doesn't matter who you select. I concede that QLD shouldn't be penalised for losing their fullback though, and there's really no good solution so better a sendoff I suppose.

Parra Pride

Referee
Because no one wants to watch one of the biggest matches 12v13 from the 8th minute. No one. Not even Cam Smith thought it should have been a send-off due to the circumstances of the match.

I tell you what if the roles were reversed and a NSW player got hit I'd still want a sin bin and a penalty. What did QLD prove tonight? They can beat 12vs13 no f**king shit.

They could have wiped Suaalii with a 12-week suspension or something as punishment.
Cam Smith was one of the dirtiest merkins to play the game of course that piece of shit doesn’t think taking opposing players out of the game should be a send off.

Latest posts