What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin III - Wed 17 Jul - QLD 4-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Queensland

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
*Sigh*

Welp, after 57 minutes of intense, fast footy it was always going to come down to who blinked first, and sadly this time it was us. The first try was just pure freakishness by Bradman Best, then Grant completely lost his head and gave away one of the stupidest penalties you will ever see and ultimately cost us any chance of coming back late. Very concerned for Walsh's shoulder. He was not himself at the back end of that. Reluctant to get into tackles, was in no man's land for Best's try, and couldn't pull off anything freakish.

I do NOT agree with Billy's choice to take the second two. That was our chance to keep the foot on the throat and it cost us.

I'm done with Origin in the mid season. Put it three weeks after the Grand Final. At least then the clubs have a couple of months to get their players right or their combos down for the new season.

yobbo84

Coach
100%. Intensity wins Origin and who is more intense than Michael "THE F**KING WESTS TIGERS ARE ALWAYS IN A F**KING GAME!!!" Maguire?

That said I think his selections were all pretty close to spot on. I think we should have picked Api, sure, and I think Suaalii was a shit pick. Hynes I'll call a wash cos of injuries. But it always felt more like an Origin side?
The guy was legit going to cut off his pinky if we lost the 2014 GF

Madman

skeepe

Immortal
100%. Intensity wins Origin and who is more intense than Michael "THE F**KING WESTS TIGERS ARE ALWAYS IN A F**KING GAME!!!" Maguire?

That said I think his selections were all pretty close to spot on. I think we should have picked Api, sure, and I think Suaalii was a shit pick. Hynes I'll call a wash cos of injuries. But it always felt more like an Origin side?
I really hoped when he became an assistant for us last year that it was part of a succession plan for him to take over from Ricky, who would move more into a Director of Football type role.

I mean that was just pure fantasy, the Raiders don’t work that way. But the hope was nice.

Sphagnum

Coach
*Sigh*

Welp, after 57 minutes of intense, fast footy it was always going to come down to who blinked first, and sadly this time it was us. The first try was just pure freakishness by Bradman Best, then Grant completely lost his head and gave away one of the stupidest penalties you will ever see and ultimately cost us any chance of coming back late. Very concerned for Walsh's shoulder. He was not himself at the back end of that. Reluctant to get into tackles, was in no man's land for Best's try, and couldn't pull off anything freakish.

I do NOT agree with Billy's choice to take the second two. That was our chance to keep the foot on the throat and it cost us.

I'm done with Origin in the mid season. Put it three weeks after the Grand Final. At least then the clubs have a couple of months to get their players right or their combos down for the new season.
giphy.gif

Tweed Titan

Bench
Origin coaches for the past decade have mostly been club failures or not even coached at a top level.

Lol at the Broncos for hiring a coach who lost to the space cadet a few times

Bennett schooled the space cadet in 2020 and they still let him coach another three series.
And they were dumb enough to offer him the job again with the caveat of going part time and a pay cut. Thankfully Fittler declined.

The NSWRL have shit for brains. We fell upwards into Madge

Artiste

Juniors
That was Luai's best Origin series by far. Short kicking game was outstanding and he had some huge plays. NSW don't win the series without Moses either.

Interesting to see what happens with Cleary next year. I actually would not be picking him. Luai and Moses have both played better than Cleary at this level imo.
They were both incredibly good tonight