What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin III - Wed 17 Jul - QLD 4-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Queensland

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
Luai and Cleary don’t work well together. In last years final Panthers only started to fire when he went off.

I don't necessarily agree with that tbh. I think Cleary is maybe less of a domineering half?

It was interesting to see how well Luai and Moses gelled as halves tbh. I think it shows the blokes on the Eels forum who want DylBro shopped, or to move to centre or fullback or even f**king hooker, as absolute morons. That style of pairing in a side with a dominant pack showed the best of Moses.

But Cleary wins game two and three as well.

yobbo84

Coach
Moses just said "Nah it's f**ked" to the blokes setting him up for an interview so my only hope for spoon avoidance now is Aiden Sezer's almighty devon
Better this year than a year when you are actually in the finals

That's what I'm telling myself about Souths' disaster year anyway

GongPanther

Referee
*Sigh*

Welp, after 57 minutes of intense, fast footy it was always going to come down to who blinked first, and sadly this time it was us. The first try was just pure freakishness by Bradman Best, then Grant completely lost his head and gave away one of the stupidest penalties you will ever see and ultimately cost us any chance of coming back late. Very concerned for Walsh's shoulder. He was not himself at the back end of that. Reluctant to get into tackles, was in no man's land for Best's try, and couldn't pull off anything freakish.

I do NOT agree with Billy's choice to take the second two. That was our chance to keep the foot on the throat and it cost us.

I'm done with Origin in the mid season. Put it three weeks after the Grand Final. At least then the clubs have a couple of months to get their players right or their combos down for the new season.
Not a wind-up, but your side is done for the year.

What is this revisionism?

Their record playing together is ridiculous.

Luai tried to play a GF against a good team with a season ending shoulder injury and was invisible because of it.

He got yanked and Cleary went god mode with Critta/Moses his disciples for twenty minutes.

With an assist from ARey losing his head.
Well obviously there record is great given they’ve won 3 grand finals together but in the origin arena they never really worked well together.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just seven more series wins to level things up again
Dog Exercise GIF

I don't necessarily agree with that tbh. I think Cleary is maybe less of a domineering half?

It was interesting to see how well Luai and Moses gelled as halves tbh. I think it shows the blokes on the Eels forum who want DylBro shopped, or to move to centre or fullback or even f**king hooker, as absolute morons. That style of pairing in a side with a dominant pack showed the best of Moses.

But Cleary wins game two and three as well.
It’s kinda weird too cause you’d think Moses would need someone who’s a more controlled, calm and game manager type halves partner but nope.

GongPanther

Referee
That was Luai's best Origin series by far. Short kicking game was outstanding and he had some huge plays. NSW don't win the series without Moses either.

Interesting to see what happens with Cleary next year. I actually would not be picking him. Luai and Moses have both played better than Cleary at this level imo.
NSW should have won by 30. The attack for the whole from the Blues was largely pedestrian. It was frustrating to watch no pattern in attack but only from Luai's side of the field.

skeepe

Immortal
I wonder how long Olakau’atu is looking at? The NRL generally take a dim view of players coming off the bench, nevermind those that are in suits.

Latest posts