What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R1 Fri - Melbourne 8-0 Penrith @ AAMI

Round 1: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Panther Mike

Juniors
I look at the lineups with Munster out and I remember our games against them from last year and I think we should win.
However I’m aware of their Round 1 record and have fears of us starting slow so I’m not so sure.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I know Covid wrecked 2 seasons but how on earth have Penrith not played at AAMI Park in 6 seasons.

Cameron Ciraldo was the caretaker coach last time they played there.

Ivan Cleary was still on the bus at the Wests Tigers.

Trent Merrin & RCG were the starting front rowers ffs.

And Penrith were still sitting on 2 Premierships.

Valheru

Coach
I know Covid wrecked 2 seasons but how on earth have Penrith not played at AAMI Park in 6 seasons.

They played there last year.

Before that it was 2018

Valheru

Coach
Last year was at Marvel I think. So a bit of smoke and mirrors….
Ah right, my bad

So 2021 and 2020 was due to covid. 2023 they played in Melbourne but different stadium due to women's world cup. 2022 was magic round.

So really only 2019 they weren't scheduled for an away fixture against Melbourne.

Iamback

Coach

2021 Covid we played them at Suncorp
2022- We played them as the away team at Magic Round
Last year at Marvel because of the World Cup

some11

Referee
"Dogshit" pack who finished third last year.
They were not in contention for the premiership at all. Getting bullied in the middle is something Bellamy coached teams aren't known for. It's going to continue this year.

blaza88z

Coach
I look at the lineups with Munster out and I remember our games against them from last year and I think we should win.
However I’m aware of their Round 1 record and have fears of us starting slow so I’m not so sure.

It's an impressive stat but if you break it down, it shouldn't be a great shock.

Over the years they've always had an elite spine and I don't know that they would have come up against many top 4 teams from the previous year throughout those Round 1 games. I can't see how they compete with Penrith up the middle tonight.

King hit

Coach
They were not in contention for the premiership at all. Getting bullied in the middle is something Bellamy coached teams aren't known for. It's going to continue this year.
I laughed hard when I heard Munster carrying on about a 'form slump' a season where they finished 3rd and went out in a preliminary is a slump. I wish them a Tigers season if that's bad.

KennySterling

Juniors

That is madness fixture planning. No other major league in the world would allow that to happen.

Latest posts