What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R18 Sun - Canberra 12-16 Newcastle @ GIO

Round 18: Canberra v Newcastle

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Good win for the knights. Haven’t looked at their draw but with Ponga back they’d be a decent shot to jump into the 8

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
I think the physics of it (hitting the back of his arm) would suggest it went backwards but again we are dreadful in attack with very bad structure and that's a much bigger issue
For your own sake, don't try and explain physics to someone from Newcastle

t-ba

Post Whore
Blud he's 19. Losing this game isn't a huge deal in the scheme of things. He needs to get smarter but we lost the game because stick is a shit coach not because a kid took two bad options

The bigger that bald patch gets the worse he's gonna get sadly.

Raiders have gone from 7-5 to 7-9 losing to Cowboys (H), Tigers (A), Storm (A) and Knights (H).. opportunity lost because that's a pretty easy 4 game run.

to_ddeath

Coach
I feel that Prickly Ricky will be storming off like that after 800 games with the Faders at this rate…

I feel that Prickly Ricky will be storming off like that after 800 games with the Faders at this rate…

If they aren't making the finals again by 2026 they need to get rid of him... apart from the few years where he had a gun squad the Raiders have missed the finals almost every year.

Apey

Staff member
We did our best to try to lose that. Ponga up and down on his return but will only get better.

Woody90

Juniors
We played worse than we did against your mob. There’s playing bad and then there’s what we put up today. Disgraceful.

Yep our 4 worst games this year have easily been the 2 against the Raiders and the 2 against the Dogs. The one against the Roosters was bad too.

I can see why we’d be shit today. Starting hooker and lock out, 2 complete rookies, Ponga just back, both wingers injured during the game…but still, I’m pretty mad at that performance. We were just lucky the Raiders were worse.

skeepe

Immortal
I hope Ricky absolutely blows up in the press conference. That was an absolute f**king disgrace.

The best team lost tonight, and it is entirely Gerard Sutton’s fault. He decided the winner today, because if it was up to the players then the Raiders win by 10.

If Gerard Sutton referees at any level next week then we know that the NRL signed off on this result. And that means they’re happy with either complete and utter incompetence, or worse.

I have not been this f**king angry after a game in a long, long time.

First Knights try off a high tackle penalty so bad Barry Gommersall would blush.

Second Knights try off a forward pass that Tom Brady would be proud of.

Third Knights try after the Raiders had a forward pass call against them so bad I’d be checking the touchie’s bank account.

Then we have Papa taken late off the ball, Savage called for a knock on after one look when he clearly didn’t, a disgusting strip penalty against Strange that was horrifically confirmed by the cretin in the bunker, and 0 set restarts to us in the last 60 minutes despite constant holding down and ruck interference.

I honestly don’t know why I bother with NRL anymore. Horrifically bad officiating is killing our game. Look at last night. The Warriors lose in golden point after having a clear and obvious penalty completely ignored by both the onfield ref and the bunker. As a result the Bulldogs unjustly have 2 more points on the ladder, the Warriors 2 less.

How can anyone have confidence in the game with the level of incompetence at all levels?

What a joke.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I hope Ricky absolutely blows up in the press conference. That was an absolute f**king disgrace.

The best team lost tonight, and it is entirely Gerard Sutton’s fault. He decided the winner today, because if it was up to the players then the Raiders win by 10.

If Gerard Sutton referees at any level next week then we know that the NRL signed off on this result. And that means they’re happy with either complete and utter incompetence, or worse.

First Knights try off a high tackle penalty so bad Barry Gommersall would blush.

Third Knights try after the Raiders had a forward pass call against them so bad I’d be checking the touchie’s bank account.

Then we have Papa taken late off the ball, Savage called for a knock on after one look when he clearly didn’t, a disgusting strip penalty against Strange that was horrifically confirmed by the cretin in the bunker, and 0 set restarts to us in the last 60 minutes despite constant holding down and ruck interference.

I honestly don’t know why I bother with NRL anymore. Horrifically bad officiating is killing our game. Look at last night. The Warriors lose in golden point after having a clear and obvious penalty completely ignored by both the onfield ref and the bunker. As a result the Bulldogs unjustly have 2 more points on the ladder, the Warriors 2 less.

How can anyone have confidence in the game with the level of incompetence at all levels?

What a joke.
I love you more than my children

perverse

Referee

What a joke.

Keep going, I'm almost there.

so_good.jpg