What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R20 Sun - Penrith v Dolphins @ BlueBet

Round 20: Penrith v Dolphins

• Penrith Panthers

• Dolphins

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2024 - Round 20
Penrith Panthers v Dolphins
BlueBet Stadium, Penrith / Dharug (TICKETS)

Sunday 21 July 2024
NRL kickoff 2:00pm

Broadcast live on Fox, Kayo

PENRITH2024.png

To be announced

DOLPHINS2024.png

To be announced

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: To be advised
Sideline Officials: To be advised
Video Referee: To be advised

HEAD TO HEAD - 2023 - 2023​

TOTALPENDOLDRAWN
ALL MATCHES1100
BLUEBET0000

ONLY MEETING​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2023Round 20PEN 24-14Kayo10065

NEXT FOUR MATCHES​

Round 21Round 22Round 23Round 24
PENST G ILL (A)NEWCASTLE (H)PARRAMATTA (A)MELBOURNE (H)
DOLGOLD COAST (H)SYDNEY (H)WARRIORS (H)CANTERBURY (A)

LAST THREE MATCHES​

Round 17 Round 18 Round 19
PENN QLDL 6-16BRISBANEW 14-6(BYE)
DOLST G ILLL 6-26(BYE)SOUTHSW 36-28

STATE OF PLAY: 2024 SEASON​

POSITIONPLAYEDBYESW-L-DFORAGAINST
PEN2nd16311-5-0356240
DOL6th1639-7-0407359

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Dolphins overs here

Don't think they will win but aside from the sharks, Penrith haven't put any team to the sword all season.

Fangs

Coach
This could potentially be one of the matches of the season.

Dolphins are an attacking and entertaining football team. Cleary is back. Both teams want to cement their top 4 aspirations. 2.00pm Sunday on a dry track in God's country.

Can't wait.

soc123_au

Staff member
Cruising by losing to teams like warriors and St George lol

They will win, potentially "comfortably" in the end but dolphins will hang around.
Cruising by being comfortably in the top 4. I dont recall the last time a premiership was awarded for the Warriors Dragons double mid season.

Valheru

Coach
Cruising by being comfortably in the top 4. I dont recall the last time a premiership was awarded for the Warriors Dragons double mid season.
I didn't say it did?

You lot are very touch aren't you? Penrith's form this year has been nowhere near the previous 2, most games have been a battle.

soc123_au

Staff member
I didn't say it did?

You lot are very touch aren't you? Penrith's form this year has been nowhere near the previous 2, most games have been a battle.
Same points as this time last year. I agree we haven't looked that flash at times, but still doing what's needed. The flex against the Sharks should tell you what's coming when we need it.

This Year?

Immortal
Dolphins have been impressive so far this season. This game will show me if they are a top 4 side.
Last time they played in Sydney they looked tired. Will be interesting to see who backs up after SOO.

Valheru

Coach
Same points as this time last year. I agree we haven't looked that flash at times, but still doing what's needed. The flex against the Sharks should tell you what's coming when we need it.
Absolutely it gives a reminder of what they are capable of.

IMO though that is the exception for season 2024 rather than the rule. I could see one finals performance like that this season but not 3. If they do win the comp again, which do not get me wrong I still think they are very capable of, they will have to eek out a couple of close results 2021 style.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

IMO though that is the exception for season 2024 rather than the rule. I could see one finals performance like that this season but not 3. If they do win the comp again, which do not get me wrong I still think they are very capable of, they will have to eek out a couple of close results 2021 style.
This will look more like 2022

soc123_au

Staff member

Ivan likes to do it differently each year. If we hit September somewhat fit I think he will unleash the beast.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'm irrelevant to this convo but am bored at work. A full strength and flying Penrith feels almost unstoppable, IMO. How could they not do it for Luai and Fish? Methinks that they will probably be even more passionate about 24 than 23. Their centres are an issue, though. WTF has happened to Tago? Ever since he told everyone to cure their injuries with bone broth and green tea, and to get cash out at every opportunity, he's gone to shit.

I don't think Melbourne or the Roosters are as dangerous as we were last year. But let's see how they move through the last rounds.

To contradict myself I do think that the only team that could trouble them would be the Roosters but they'd need to be flawless. They've certainly got the talent. Yes, I know that Melbourne won round 1 against them, but as if that compares to September/October. We learned that last year.

My preference is that Penrith take Melbourne or the Roosters souls* next.

*neither of those clubs actually have a soul tho lol