What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R5 Fri - Canterbury 30-26 Sydney @ Accor

Round 5: Canterbury v Sydney

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First half was the worst half of football I've seen from my team in a long time. They kept tgrying to play dry weather football. Seemed to be following the Rabbitohs game plans from Rounds 1-3 of trying to pull off the miracle play everytime there was a half chance, and they paid for it. Add it the poor discipline, and well, they got what they deserved.

horrie hastings

First Grade
It wasn't great but it was a mistake, I thought he was good other than that. Get behind like that and you leave yourself open to these things being more costly.

I cite the decision to go short on the drop out end of first half as ultimately costing us the game. Dumb decision. Just kick long and get to half time. They are unlikely to score in 50 seconds with a long drop out.

You just knew it was going to be one of those games as soon as Tedesco challenged the refs decision in the first 35 secs. Usually Tedescos challanges are spot on but this one wasnt close, woeful decision and left the Roosters without a challange for 79 mins which was even worse with the weather confitions.

horrie hastings

First Grade
First half was the worst half of football I've seen from my team in a long time. They kept tgrying to play dry weather football. Seemed to be following the Rabbitohs game plans from Rounds 1-3 of trying to pull off the miracle play everytime there was a half chance, and they paid for it. Add it the poor discipline, and well, they got what they deserved.

That first half was bringing up memories of when Canberra thumped the Roosters 66-4 back in the 90's :eek:

Canberra thumped everyone back in the early 90's. I'm old enough to remember watching it on my neighbour's TV as a kid. Many fond memories.

66-4 was the biggest loss in the Roosters history. It was Mal Meninga's first game back after his broken arm, and he treated every Roosters's player like rag doll, especially when Meninga was running the ball. Would be the equivalent of Glen Lazarus running at a teen aged Brett Hodgson it was that much of a mis-match.

horrie hastings

First Grade
66-4 was the biggest loss in the Roosters history. It was Mal Meninga's first game back after his broken arm, and he treated every Roosters's player like rag doll, especially when Meninga was running the ball. Would be the equivalent of Glen Lazarus running at a teen aged Brett Hodgson it was that much of a mis-match.
From memory Meninga's first game back from a broken arm against the Roosters was the 1987 Preliminary final where Canberra beat Easts 32-24, that was the game where Meninga knocked out David Trewhella with his arm guard when he scored a try.

The 1990 game where Canberra smashed East 66-4 was round 5 and Meninga played in the played in the previous four games before that game.

Last edited:
From memory Meninga's first game back from a broken arm against the Roosters was the 1987 Preliminary final where Canberra beat Easts 32-24, that was the game where Meninga knocked out David Trewhella with his arm guard when he scored a try.

The 1990 game where Canberra smashed East 66-4 was round 5 and Meninga played in the played in the previous four games before that game.

I stand corrected. My memory is getting fuzzy at times. Cheers.