What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Injuries and Suspensions

Steenson123

Juniors
How do you know what he eats? The club has a dietitian to advise,are you a health professional?
I assume you have heard of Lionel Messi.
Messi suffered many serious musclar injuries that kept him sidelined for months when he first made Barca's starting squad. He, like Munroe, was a teenager and he was told to cut out the carne - most Argentinians consume lots of carne far too much in fact - and Leo did. I believe he consumed pasta dishes in place of the carne.
He subsequently went on to become a Legend one of the greatest footballers of all time.
Personally I gave dairy, meat and fish away at an early age and after 11 years of Karate and Rugby training and competing at adult level, two of the toughest domains a human can do, I never ever suffered any serious muscle injuries or breaks. Not even a broken mandible after a 3rd Dan delivered a flush reverse punch to the head to my chin during a tournament. This is one of the most violent attacks in Martial Arts. My mandible briefly locked but did not break.
Nor did I require a bone graft for a molar implant I had done ten years or so after I lost a major rear Molar tooth. The surgeon, upon opening up my gum, told me I had more than enough mandible bone density, and there was no need for a graft. Considering the length of time my tooth had been gone and absence of meat and dairy consumption [no fish either], the bone density of my mandible should have been low, but was strong instead.
I have also given over 60 blood donations. Received an award from The Red X too. More people should give, its truly painless. When donating, Never been anaemic, always high haemoglobin count, good blood sugar, no problem.
I do not need a Degree in Health Sciences or the equivalent. I have empirical evidence from myself and others to quote.

handyman2190

Bench
Messi suffered many serious musclar injuries that kept him sidelined for months when he first made Barca's starting squad. He, like Munroe, was a teenager and he was told to cut out the carne - most Argentinians consume lots of carne far too much in fact - and Leo did. I believe he consumed pasta dishes in place of the carne.
He subsequently went on to become a Legend one of the greatest footballers of all time.
Personally I gave dairy, meat and fish away at an early age and after 11 years of Karate and Rugby training and competing at adult level, two of the toughest domains a human can do, I never ever suffered any serious muscle injuries or breaks. Not even a broken mandible after a 3rd Dan delivered a flush reverse punch to the head to my chin during a tournament. This is one of the most violent attacks in Martial Arts. My mandible briefly locked but did not break.
Nor did I require a bone graft for a molar implant I had done ten years or so after I lost a major rear Molar tooth. The surgeon, upon opening up my gum, told me I had more than enough mandible bone density, and there was no need for a graft. Considering the length of time my tooth had been gone and absence of meat and dairy consumption [no fish either], the bone density of my mandible should have been low, but was strong instead.
I have also given over 60 blood donations. Received an award from The Red X too. More people should give, its truly painless. When donating, Never been anaemic, always high haemoglobin count, good blood sugar, no problem.
I do not need a Degree in Health Sciences or the equivalent. I have empirical evidence from myself and others to quote.
I think that reverse punch shook more than your mandible,and u havent recovered from the soft tissue brain damage.
Lolololololo

Eric the great

Juniors
Spinner

speedster

Juniors
Latrell Mitchell, who suffered a Lisfranc injury in South Sydney's win over the Eels on Thursday is facing 4-6 weeks on the sideline.

Mitchell was reviewed by a surgeon on Tuesday and a decision made to manage his left midfoot injury conservatively, meaning he will not require surgery.

The Rabbitohs said Mitchell would get another scan and review in a fortnight’s time to ensure the injury is progressing.

Latrell Mitchell, who suffered a Lisfranc injury in South Sydney's win over the Eels on Thursday is facing 4-6 weeks on the sideline.

Mitchell was reviewed by a surgeon on Tuesday and a decision made to manage his left midfoot injury conservatively, meaning he will not require surgery.

The Rabbitohs said Mitchell would get another scan and review in a fortnight’s time to ensure the injury is progressing.

He is always missing in action at the time that we truly need him the most tom burgess does harder yards than mitchell i don't see him missing in action as many times as Mitchell does in the past few years.

He is always missing in action at the time that we truly need him the most tom burgess does harder yards than mitchell i don't see him missing in action as many times as Mitchell does in the past few years.

Mitchell is never there when we need him he has two good games then he gets injured he is injury prone like tommy turbo

callmack1

Staff member

Fantastic news as of right now! Really, really good that he doesn't need surgery right now as things stand, he'll be out for four weeks. That's still tough, but it's much better than missing the entire rest of the Season.

It sounds like we're not out of the woods yet with them to reassess in two weeks' time and there's a chance he'll still need surgery, but the fact it's not bad enough to be operated on right now is positive signs.

Fingers crossed!

speedster

Juniors
Mitchell is never there when we need him he has two good games then he gets injured he is injury prone like tommy turbo
Turbo's hammys keep going. That's completely different to Latrell who doesn't have recurring soft tissue injuries and he worked really hard to overcome that nasty hammy tendon injury from a few years back and it hasn't returned since coming back from the U.S.. He also looked like he had pulled his head in and worked on his discipline since coming back from suspension and was far more workmanlike in the past month.

A busted foot is a busted foot. Can happen to anyone.

Hellray

Juniors
Anyone got news on Mellars? I see he has dropped off all the team list again for a few weeks now. Is it still a hammy issue or did he do something new?

callmack1

Staff member

See my full thoughts on this in the Origin thread.

But I am kind of glad we didn't try to fight it. The NRL are overreacting and there's no way they'd back down.

It's ridiculous but I guess we have to cop it.

See my full thoughts on this in the Origin thread.

But I am kind of glad we didn't try to fight it. The NRL are overreacting and there's no way they'd back down.

It's ridiculous but I guess we have to cop it.

The nrl are a joke I have watched the game for 60+ years where will it all end with disruptive mindless rule changes, today's game is run by a bunch of clueless clowns.the players have advanced but the clowns who run the game have gone backwards with their constant rule changes year after year after year and their crazy thinking is mindless thinking towards the game.