What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 18 - Vs Eels

callmack1

Staff member
Moving into another week and this time, we move into Round 18. Hope the boys had a good, well deserved and much needed bye week, and are ready to go for this one. I know I certainly am!!

We take on the Eels this week and CommBank in a bit of an intriguing game. Parra are still a weird one for me. They're on the bottom of the ladder, and not playing the best Footy to be honest, but I still see them as a dangerous side. You look at their team on paper, and it's so much better than their ladder position suggests, it's kind of crazy. So, I'd still say we need to be wary this week. They'll be back at home and my God, they'll be desperate.

For us, we gotta win this one and keep that roll going, keep the momentum going. It's one we are capable of winning and it's the type of game we now should be winning. I really hope our lads are as switched on for this one as they have been in recent games. Will be good to have Cam and Trell back, and this is reportedly Jai's last game of the Season too, so I hope we want it really bad for him.

Goi get it lads, can't wait for Thursday!!

speedster

Juniors
Will need Trell to do the big booming kicks to counter Moses' kicking game, along with Wighton. That has been a real game changer for us in recent weeks. Playing it down the other end and not getting anywhere near as gassed. If we can get the jump on them early with good field position and put some scoreboard pressure on them, they tend to drop off. They really tried their rings off against Newcastle and still missed out. They may suffer a let down following that effort.

Big question for us is who wears the 13? I'd like to see Keaon wear the 8 with Keppie to the bench.

callmack1

Staff member

Good shots from training today! No clues as to what the side will be or if we'll see anything different from the coloured shirts as they seem to be a bit muddled.

Steenson123

Juniors
Moving into another week and this time, we move into Round 18. Hope the boys had a good, well deserved and much needed bye week, and are ready to go for this one. I know I certainly am!!

We take on the Eels this week and CommBank in a bit of an intriguing game. Parra are still a weird one for me. They're on the bottom of the ladder, and not playing the best Footy to be honest, but I still see them as a dangerous side. You look at their team on paper, and it's so much better than their ladder position suggests, it's kind of crazy. So, I'd still say we need to be wary this week. They'll be back at home and my God, they'll be desperate.

For us, we gotta win this one and keep that roll going, keep the momentum going. It's one we are capable of winning and it's the type of game we now should be winning. I really hope our lads are as switched on for this one as they have been in recent games. Will be good to have Cam and Trell back, and this is reportedly Jai's last game of the Season too, so I hope we want it really bad for him.

Goi get it lads, can't wait for Thursday!!
Parramatta are leaderless, both on and off the field. Barrett is unlikely to ever be a successful Head Coach - he already has had three attempts and each time he has failed - and club management is clueless. Barrett seems to have little to no charisma or leadership ability. The fact that they missed on Burt has really hit them hard. The players themselves have demanded a decision be made but instead managment have nerely procrastinated and delayed.
Conversely, we now have genuine leadership and an incoming Legend Coach. These inverse factors have made all the difference in the form between both clubs.

callmack1

Staff member

Team list Tuesday babyyyyy!!!

Good to have it back after a week off! And it's a very settled line up for Round 18 against Parra which is nice. We haven't been able to say that much this Season. Obviously Trell and Cam are back from Origin duty which will be massive for us. The only thing that has really changed from the current full-strength line up, or the line up against the Broncos weeks ago is Cam into the right edge and Cheeks moving to the bench.

I like that. I really hope the reports aren't true that Keaon is going to move back to an edge. Cam is one of the best 13's in the comp of course, but Keaon has been a revelation there lately, and a big reason for our rise. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and I like the balance of the side if Cam played edge and provided his strike out there, whilst still allowing Keaon to do what he's been doing in the middle.

While I'm not against Keaon going back to the edge (as long as he plays with the same effort and intensity), I would prefer them to run out as named. Interesting situation.

Otherwise, the side remains as expected. Tough for Gray to miss out, but it is what it is right now.

Good side, capable of beating Parra if we play as we have been.

Bring on Thursday night!!

callmack1

Staff member