What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 18 - Vs Eels

speedster

Juniors
We've scored 156 points in the 5-game streak too just quietly which averages out at 31.2 points per game.

Where's this form been hiding? The real South Sydney has finally stood up. These are the sort of numbers a top 4 side put up.

Can we keep it going? Dolphins are a fast and well structured side but they're on the slide. Last year their speed of play had us looking second rate in the 1st half but we exploded in the 2nd half to win with a big score. Wouldn't be surprised if it followed a similar trend except both sides will be without Origin stars.

callmack1

Staff member
Ohhhh yeaaaaaaa!!!!! Yoohoooooooo!!! What a night that was last night! What a game, what a win, what a feeling!!! I've been on a high all day at work after that! Couldn't be happier!

I feel like I say it every week at the moment, but that was honestly one of our best performances of the Season. I know the Eels are last, but I think they actually played really well last night, and would have troubled a lot of sides. Their attack in particular was extremely dangerous and asked a heap of questions. But our defence was incredible and more than up to the task. Some of the effort on show out there was amazing. They had more possession than us, more meters and waaay more tackles in our 20, especially in that first half, but the boys just kept putting in for eachother. They kept turning up and turning Parra away. There was a few times where I thought "the Eels are in here," But the lads seemed to just scramble so effectively and with so much effort, desire and desperation. That win was built on defence. Simple as that. Who would have thought I'd be saying something like that two months ago?

With the defensive effort on point, everything else just flowed from that. Our forwards got over the top of theirs once we had a fair share of possession and our attack really sizzled in tough conditions. Some beautiful tries out there on the right edge. Great Rugby League, great execution and we made it look simple. That second try from long range was particularly impressive. Scintillating in fact and I was up out of my seat screaming!

All our big guns fired. Trell was the standout again. What a performance from him! Laying on tries, scoring tries and saving them! You could tell from his first few involvements that he was on and here to play. So good. His kicking game was great and even just his effort areas were on point. Cody had a game, great ball playing! Jackie legs was close to man of the match, Keaon was exceptional again, Cam and Jai were great. It was all there!!!

Just so happy with a real all-round performance and our charge continues!!

Glory, Glory baby!!!

callmack1

Staff member

Hellray

Juniors
Hope so. Tell you what though, after wincing at the sight of both Milne and Kennar in the centres on the team sheet several weeks ago, they've done surprisingly well and look pretty solid in both defence and attack. We wouldn't be on a 5 game winning streak if they were too dreadful and in fact, they've been pretty good so kudos to them both. They do pretty well in yardage too.

Kennar will have Herbie Farnworth in front of him next week so that will be a stern test but as long as he doesn't give him room on his outside to burn him for pace, he has the strength to hold him I think.
Kennar got put on report I was more thinking he may get a week just due to prior reportings

themacemaceman

Juniors
Hope so. Tell you what though, after wincing at the sight of both Milne and Kennar in the centres on the team sheet several weeks ago, they've done surprisingly well and look pretty solid in both defence and attack. We wouldn't be on a 5 game winning streak if they were too dreadful and in fact, they've been pretty good so kudos to them both. They do pretty well in yardage too.

Kennar will have Herbie Farnworth in front of him next week so that will be a stern test but as long as he doesn't give him room on his outside to burn him for pace, he has the strength to hold him I think.
Yeah Kennar and Milne have done the job.
There both prone to a high shot when defending and was worried Kennar might cop a week but escaped with a fine.
You can add Gagai as well. Without being flashy he has been solid and done his job.
And a cracking pass back inside for that try to Jack.

speedster

Juniors
Yeah Kennar and Milne have done the job.
There both prone to a high shot when defending and was worried Kennar might cop a week but escaped with a fine.
You can add Gagai as well. Without being flashy he has been solid and done his job.
And a cracking pass back inside for that try to Jack.
100%. Gags is making a real fist of it at this level. He has a fair bit if skill to offset the lack of size and while not slow, is no out and out speedster either. But he has footy smarts. Saw that a lot last year at fullback and centres in Cup. He knows how to get himself between bodies and uses late evasiveness and acceleration to get his nose through and avoid getting steamrolled most of the time.

doyen

Bench
As of the 7/7/24 the NRL ladder[ withfree bye points included] is--
Storm 32 pts. Panthers 28 pts. Roosters 28 pts.
Sharks 26 pts. Bulldogs 24 pts. Dolphins 22 pts.
Sea Eagles 23 pts. Cowboys 24 pts. Knights 22 pts.
Dragons 22 pts. Broncos 20 pts. Raiders 20 pts.
Rabbitohs 18 pts. Warriors 21 pts. Only these teams,I reckon, can make the final 8.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just re watched the game again. I’m convinced first half Cody knocked that ball backwards it was a try. Also they said ball came off Trell foot in the in goal line drop out well it didn’t even touch Trell foot. Arrow hit in the head a few times and the Keppie one how that wasn’t a penalty is criminal. When Murray let Piglet know he said that’s more than enough out of you tonight Cam!

The sin bin to Moses late was just a square up to make it look like he wasn’t totally bias against us when he was for 77mins.

He must have called us offside and penalised us about 4-5 times funny thing was Parra were equally as offside. What was different with Kennar hitting the Parra bloke in the head with 5mins left, what was different to that one and the Keppie one? Parra got a penalty we did not.

Another thing Salmon from the Dogs has a broken jaw but he got a 2-3 weeks charge on the Warriors bloke how the Warriors didn’t get the penalty the other day I’ll never know. Watch Annesley come out with his usual bullshit tomrrow bloke should be out of a job I stopped listening to his codswallop long ago!

Latest posts