What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 21 - Vs Raiders

callmack1

Staff member
Moving onto the next week, and we go into Round 21. Seven games to go, and in this one, we take on the Raiders in the nation’s capital on Sunday night. A pretty big clash for us that I’m sure will have plenty of build up during the week. The main storyline will of course be Jackie Wighton’s first game against his old club and it being the first time he’s returned to Canberra since signing with us. I’m sure it would feel a little strange for him, but I’m also sure it will fire him up and he’ll hopefully be in for a big one.

It's a bit of a tough game too. The Raiders are a little up and down in 2024. They have a roster that is capable of making the eight, with a lot of rep talent in the side, especially in the forwards, but they just seem to underperform for the most part. Let’s hope that’s the case come Sunday, but I have a feeling it’s not going to be. Ricky wasn’t happy with their performance on Friday night, and he’ll be into them this week, so expect us to face a different side on Sunday night. It’s going to be a challenge I feel, but one we’re hopefully up to.

For us, the big focus this week HAS to be defence. Our attack is fine, and will do the job as long as our forwards match theirs, but if we defend like we did yesterday, then Canberra will carve us up. We’ve taken a massive step backwards in that area lately, so it MUST improve. If we can defend at the level we were during the winning streak, then I’m confident the other areas of our game are good enough to get us over the line.

A Sunday game means a long turnaround and plenty of time to get things right and build again so hopefully the boys can do that.

Looking forward to Sunday! And can’t wait to see us run out there in our very nice alternate strip.

Have a good week lads! Let’s go!!

Glory, Glory.

Latest posts