What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 22 - Vs Sharks

callmack1

Staff member

Gutted that Cody has been ruled out. I mean, we already had bugger all of a chance tomorrow, but I was starting to feel a wee bit optimistic. Fair to say this news has completely killed that, and I just can't see how we win this game now with who we have missing, especially now that Cody is out.

Always enjoy Mavo's footage as it gives you a few clues.

You can see Cody in the background doing some running drills initially, then he walks behind the goal line looking pretty gutted. Obviously, we tried to see how he went in the captain's run today, and he wasn't good to go.

Taane was also doing some running drills with Cody so is there some concern around him for tomorrow too??

callmack1

Staff member

Awesome shots from inside today's captain's run. In one of the last slides, we go inside the circle to Cam addressing the boys. Looks like 'front loading our energy' is back, but I liked everything else he said. I guess he is right to some degree, the way we start is going to be crucial tomorrow night.

callmack1

Staff member
Good morning everyone and hello to you as we all begin to rise on this beautiful Saturday. The day has finally arrived!! Game day is here!! Our boys are back in action tonight as we take on Cronulla out there at Shark Park. It's a big day, a big game, and while I'd like to say I'm super pumped and super excited for it, I have to be completely honest, I'm not today.

While I'm looking forward to it tonight, I always look forward to seeing Souths play, there is a big part of me that is kind of dreading it and as a result, I feel somewhat emotionless coming into this game. We face on of our most daunting tasks of the year tonight in facing the Sharks at their home ground with our side absolutely decimated. Seriously, this is the weakest line up we've named this year on paper. We're missing all our big guns bar Wighton, Cook, Murray and Koloamatangi. We have next to no genuine game breakers out there apart from these guys, and I just can't see how we win this, let alone keep ourselves in the contest. I mean it when I say tonight is our biggest challenge of the year.

Meanwhile, while Cronulla have been a bit down on form recently, and are missing Hynes and Mulitalo, they are still a quality side that is going to play Finals Footy. They'll be desperate to get back on track tonight and I can feel a huge performance from them in front of their home fans and that only spells trouble for us.

I don't mean to be negative, you guys know me, I'm normally super positive and pumped up on game day, but we have to be realistic and this situation is as dire as it gets. I guess you never know, we could pull it off, and if we did, it would be one of our most famous victories ever, but it seems unlikely.

I really hope I'm wrong and once we're into the game, I know I'll be screaming at the TV as if it's a Grand Final.

Come on lads!!! Prove me wrong!!!

Latest posts