What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 25 - Vs Knights

callmack1

Staff member

Captain's run day! Some great footage from behind the scenes there!!

Yessss!!! Stoked with the news that Ty Ty is in!! Yoohoooo!! With him on the wing, and Fletch at center with Kennar gone, our backline looks a lot better. A bit of speed and excitement. regardless of our current situation, I am now excited about the game after that news. Whatever happens, we have a bit of interest and excitement tomorrow night.

callmack1

Staff member

So the squad has been adjusted and they've named Munro at center. I'm sure that won't actually be how they line up tomorrow night though.

callmack1

Staff member
Good morning Souths members and fans! Game dayyyyyyy!! That's right, the day is upon us finally and we're taking on the Knights out there at Accor tonight in a bit of a special one. It's member appreciation Round, a night where we are all celebrated for our unwavering commitment and support to this great club. Tonight, the boys will run out in a special jersey that not only commemorates that, but ten years since the 2014 premiership too. So it's a special night tonight.

Certainly, a tough game for sure, we're the big underdogs and in all likelihood, Newcastle should, and probably will get us tonight. They arguably have more to play for and could be more desperate. It's gonna be a pretty big challenge for us, especially with the guys we have unavailable. A few weeks ago, I thought this game could be winnable, but we've slipped back into some poor form and it's going to be hard.

However, I don't really care about the result as such. I just want to see some pride in the jersey and some real fight and effort. We need to improve there from last week. I guess I'm a little more excited for the game now after the changes to our backline, that's something to get up for, and who knows, if a lot goes our way we could just win this. I still have hope.

Enjoy the day Souths fans, enjoy the night, and let's do this tonight!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well good afternoon my Rabbitohs faithful what a lovely day it is in Sydney going for about 26 degrees today the sun is shining and Game Day is upon us. Back at home tonight against the Knights in Saturday Night footy. This is our member appreciation round too and with the weather being so good hopefully we see a solid crowd out there tonight for our second last home game. So we have lost I think it’s our last 5 games now it’s been a horror year and a horror injury crisis but the boys are still trying they haven’t given up. We do want to finish the season as best we can and do the jersey proud. Whilst a win is unlikely tonight you just never know. Looking at the Knights they’ve been a bit more consistent than us this year but they haven’t had the season they’d like either. They’re still in finals contention though a mathematical chance but need to win all their games and other results to go their way. Adam O’Brien was filthy with the refs last week and complained in the presser so expect the Knights to get some calls tonight but you know what Hornby could’ve complained last week too but didn’t we had a number of calls against us last week as well. So let’s do our bit in the crowd to get our boys an extra six again or penalty. I’ll be out there tonight Dad and Mum are coming as well come on boys do us proud. The boys will be wearing the members jersey tonight too and Hornby spoke about the boys wanting to turn up and give their best for us members so that has been mentioned this week. If you’re taking the kids out there will be plenty of activities on and you can go on the field after the game hopefully after a win.

Looking at the Knights no doubt Ponga and Gagai are massive threats in the outside backs we need to nullify them as best we can. In the forwards too the Knights just have a solid pack with workers so we need to match it with them as best we can. We need to try limit the offloads and where we give the ball to them. We need to show desperation in defence cmon boys dig deep! Looking at us it’s exciting that Tyrone Munro is back he’s sure a talent and I hope we see him in open space. Will be good to see Myers at centre too. With Cody out Hawko comes into 7 I’m hoping he can do some of the kicking which allows Wighton to run the ball more. We will need Jye, Wighton, Cook, Murray, Keaon etc to all have great games to have any chance. We need to complete our sets well and build pressure in attack not give away cheap ball. Hopefully the boys have been working on their attack at training this week as it was a bit clunky last week. Most of all our middles have to match the Knights to have a hope. We will need Moale and Keppie to start well for us and Tom and Tallis to have big games off the bench. If we can get into the contest you just never know.

Ok not long til the players come out here onto Accor Stadium here tonight on this our member appreciation round. Thank you to all our members always for their unwavering support and great to see such a good turn out on this lovely Saturday Night. Great to see so much red and green in the stands let’s make sure we do all we can to be that 18th man and get the boys home with the win tonight. Let’s make sure everyone wherever they’re watching knows this is South Sydney home turf and a South Sydney home game. Lets get that South Sydney chant up and going here for the full 80mins tonight.

Ok as we look down the tunnel here at the Rabbitohs home ground we can see the visitors making their way down the tunnel……… Rabbitohs Members Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Newcastle Knights!!

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1……………….

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FEET! SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YA HANDS STAMP YA FEET SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY ARE YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRAAABBBBBIITTOOOHHHSSS!!!

LETS GO RABBBITOHS!!

SSTID SSTID I KNOW I AM IM SURE I AM SSTID!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

BBBBBOOOOOOOO HAVE A LOOK BUTLER GET EM ONSIDE

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOO HIGH TACKLE PULL THE WHISTLE OUT OF YOUR ARSE

BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOO SECOND EFFORT AND LEG PULL BBBBOOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN CMON MATE

BBBOOOOO HOW LONG CAN THEY LAY ON FOR

BBBBBOOOO CMON BUTLER WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH SIDES

BBBBBOOOOOOOOO FORWARD PASS THATS FORWARD TOUCHIE HAVE A LOOK

BBBBBOOOOOOO HES MILKING THAT MMIILLLKKKIIINNNGGGGG

callmack1

Staff member

Dunno why but I'm kind of up for this. Feeling a bit nervous and a bit pumped. Not sure why. maybe because of member appreciation Round and the different jersey? It just feels a bit special. I know that feeling will die pretty quick but I'll enjoy while it lasts.

Let's go boys!!! Show us something and restore some pride please!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
There is a lot of low IQ stupidity going on.
And lots of arm grabbing masquerading as tackling.From Keppie dropping the ball 1m out from their line, 2 tries, and 2 kick restarts out on the full.
SMH

speedster

Juniors
20 minutes of good footy all done. Will we see anything resembling 1st grade quality defence in the second half or will it be more threadbare tissue paper defence?

Best way to stop the kick offs going out on the full is to stop conceding points I guess? Sheesh,

Hellray

Juniors
Positive of game: return of tyty, jersey

negatives: attack, defence, enthusiasm, lack of creativity, kick offs, Keppie hands… etc

and Myers putting in a f**king grubber on the 5th huge negative!!!