What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 27 - Vs Roosters

speedster

Juniors
Gray straight in for Hawkins.

Havili for Host.

Not hard.
I don't want to get involved in your fun with Eric but your answers beg some questions.

Considering that Gray and Havili are already in the 17, you then need to say who replaces them in their current selected positions of fullback and bench forward respectively.

We would need a new fullback and a reshuffle which could be Gagai to fullback and Myers comes back into the three-quarters or maybe ITT. Havili for Host seems problematic since Havili is not an edge forward and would likely be a defensive liability out wide due to limited lateral movement in defence. They would have to shift Tallis to edge and Havili to lock which I could live with but you either keep Host on the bench which changes very little or you bring another reserve in like Chee Kam or Brock Gray.

I'm not sold on throwing young Jye Gray into the high stakes pressure cooker of steering the ship from 7 in the final game of the year against our fiercest rivals in a grudge match having had no game time there all year whilst at the same time shuffling someone else into fullback under the same conditions.

Might look better on paper but I don't think you have thought it through completely.

Anyhow, you get back to your stoush with Eric. ;)

Eric the great

Juniors
I don't want to get involved in your fun with Eric but your answers beg some questions.

Considering that Gray and Havili are already in the 17, you then need to say who replaces them in their current selected positions of fullback and bench forward respectively.

We would need a new fullback and a reshuffle which could be Gagai to fullback and Myers comes back into the three-quarters or maybe ITT. Havili for Host seems problematic since Havili is not an edge forward and would likely be a defensive liability out wide due to limited lateral movement in defence. They would have to shift Tallis to edge and Havili to lock which I could live with but you either keep Host on the bench which changes very little or you bring another reserve in like Chee Kam or Brock Gray.

I'm not sold on throwing young Jye Gray into the high stakes pressure cooker of steering the ship from 7 in the final game of the year against our fiercest rivals in a grudge match having had no game time there all year whilst at the same time shuffling someone else into fullback under the same conditions.

Might look better on paper but I don't think you have thought it through completely.

No stoush just a bit of fun

Thadius

Juniors

Pretty hard to “stoush” with an adolescent, but you can call it what you want.

Souths supporters across myriad forums have wanted Gray thrown the halfback guernsey and especially this week as the game is the perfect opportunity to give him a shot. He is a tenacious little player with a lovely step and a nice pass. He has also played 5/8 in the past. Hawkins has been bog average for a long time at NRL level, a very long time. He is also leaving the club. You could give Myers or Munro and even Gagai a game at full back. You would bring in Thompson if needed. I don’t rate this game against Easts as high stakes, our season was dead long ago and maybe you did not think that through completely. Mad Monday is closer than normal for Souths this year, players and fans alike.

Host is a tackling miss fit, as bad as Hawkins and he coughs up the ball to boot. He kills attacking moments for Souths at the most crucial of times, we have seen this.

Chee Kam offers more than he and you may or may not agree, but that is my view and I would have him in the run on side.

Eric the great

Juniors
Shouldn’t you be in school?

I suppose you could be a 15yo drop out, that could also make sense.

I mean “thadumb”, seriously, are you a teenager.
I’m not the one who calls himself Thadius after his favourite inter galactic hero in a universe far far away keep on trekking lol

speedster

Juniors

Souths supporters across myriad forums have wanted Gray thrown the halfback guernsey and especially this week as the game is the perfect opportunity to give him a shot. He is a tenacious little player with a lovely step and a nice pass. He has also played 5/8 in the past. Hawkins has been bog average for a long time at NRL level, a very long time. He is also leaving the club. You could give Myers or Munro and even Gagai a game at full back. You would bring in Thompson if needed. I don’t rate this game against Easts as high stakes, our season was dead long ago and maybe you did not think that through completely. Mad Monday is closer than normal for Souths this year, players and fans alike.

Host is a tackling miss fit, as bad as Hawkins and he coughs up the ball to boot. He kills attacking moments for Souths at the most crucial of times, we have seen this.

Chee Kam offers more than he and you may or may not agree, but that is my view and I would have him in the run on side.
It's a fierce derby no matter the circumstances and he'd be on a hiding to nothing being thrown into the halves all of a sudden in the last game which could dent his confidence if he struggles first up. Should have happened weeks ago when it was clear we were out of contention but you still need someone who can play steadily at fullback . I suppose they could have swapped Wighton to 1 and Gray to 6 with Cody at 7 but this week, no Jack so it's too late now I think.

Steenson123

Juniors
So you want to injure our players?

Classy mob you lot.
Easts, or whatever they are called these days, are going absolutely nowhere. Straight to Henson Park in the next few weeks but first of all, straight to Penrith next week. 1-19 against Penrith and Bellamy in their past 20 encounters! Walker is irreplaceable, perhaps Fred Flinstone [I.e Smith] is too, Radish is knackered and Popeye [Heargraves] always runs foul of the officials. Leiu was never a starter at Penrith, always off the bench for 20 mins then gone. Sualli is a hot headed flip always in trouble of some sort. Manu has slowed considerably, ditto for Keary.
See you shortly at Henson Park.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just watching captains run story on the app plenty of good footage there the boys look excited and like they’re just gonna enjoy it and put in for one another. What will need is plenty of desperation and some to have any hope.

Sad to see Damien and Tom completing their last captains run. It looked like a really family affair this morning and at least a couple of hundred there to see it.

Great seeing Tom give the pep talk to the boys in the huddle as well. Cmon boys if you’re gonna get up for a game despite all our outs and it being a dark year it’s this one we have to get up for. Calling on my fellow Souths faithful to get out there tomorrow night and make plenty of noise lots to play for as well as the milestones etc and celebrating Ron Coote.

It will take a miracle to win and it’s so so unlikely but just imagine if we did it I think my emotions would all come out it would make my year to knock of these ****s absolute scum and send off Damien and Tom in a famous one another for the book of feuds!

callmack1

Staff member

I'm glad us as a club are going so hard and so big on celebrating Coote this week. It's awesome and we do stuff like this well.

callmack1

Staff member

Wow, that looked like quite the day out there at Heffron today. A huge day! Certainly, a sad one with it being Tom and Cookie's final training session and there were some emotional scenes. I got a little emotional a couple of times watching the Bunnies TV footage and watching the stories of the captain's run on the website. Hard to believe they'll never train with Souths again and this is the end of an era. We have to give them the sendoff they deserve tomorrow.

Aside from that, we had pretty much the whole squad there for the last day before the last game. Coote was there ahead of his big game tomorrow, Mario too. What a day it seemed!

The boys look ready to go for the last ride tomorrow night. I loved Hornby's interview, he's keen as it seems!

Let's go tomorrow lads.

F**k the Roosters.

callmack1

Staff member

That was cool, all of them!

Jeez, what a night it's going to be tomorrow.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

Look, I have to agree with the basic premise of this.
If it was me, I would give Gray a shot at 5/8 or half, there is nothing to lose, and we need to see if he can handle that position, and produce something for the team. Cody has one more season and then we need a replacement.
Hawkins future with Souths is zero, there is no future.

Host is garbage, and I agree, even Chee Kam can give something more than Host can give. And if not Chee Kam, what about Milne, or one of the young forwards just outside the 17.

Fullback is a dilema, if Gray is moved to halves, and no Wighton, but yeah, put in Munro, the kid deserves to wear the No.1 after the sacrifices he made to play last week.